Technical Consultant - Continuous Gas Analytics (CGA) – Siemens MI (Measurement Intelligence)
The position is for a Technical Sales Consultant within Siemens Measurement Intelligence (MI) team reporting directly to the MI Technical Sales Consultant Manager. This team is part of the Measurement Intelligence group that includes Continuous Gas Analyzers and Process Instrumentation and are responsible for supporting the Sales Channel from a technical and application perspective.
The position will be responsible for pre-sales technical advice of core gas analytics product technologies (Extractive continuous gas analyzers and in-situ process gas analyzers) and the development and implementation of customer solutions. A good understanding of the different technologies used in process analytics such as GC, NDIR, TDLS, UV, CLD and paramagnetic is necessary. Accordingly, the successful candidate should have a firm understanding of the Process Industries (Oil & Gas, Chemical, Mining and Cement) along with a working knowledge of the processes, applications and solutions required by the customers.
The MI Technical Sales Consultant will be primarily responsible to support the MI Sales Channel based on the Go to Market sales strategy. This will include the contracted MI Channel Partners and the PA AE (DCS) direct sales force in their area of prime responsibility. The individual will be responsible for the consultation, preparation and presentation of proposed technical solutions, including product demonstrations and application assistance. The position will include resolving complex technical problems to meet the customers’ needs.
- Primary pre-sales point of technical contact for solutions to MI Channel Partners (CP’s), end users, EPC’s
- Hands-on product presentations and demonstrations at end-user, EPC’s and CP locations
- Coordinate CP and end-user training needs
- Support key project activities collaborating with both CP’s and Direct PA AE (DCS) salespersons.
- Provide support in disseminating complex technical information on specific applications.
- Coordinate activities with Primary Sales Representatives, Proposals, Business Development Team and Product Marketing Management
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Successful completion of a University degree in engineering, technical field or equivalent experience.
- 5 years of successful experience in gas analytics, instrumentation or related field.
- Working knowledge of the Process Industries (Oil & Gas, Chemical, Mining and Cement)
- Ability to understand complex applications, and customer needs to recommend best solutions.
- Familiar with sample conditioning systems
- National position with up to 70% travel
- Excellent presentation skills at all levels of a customer organization
- A Self-starter with a strong desire for personal technical development
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools including: Outlook, MSTeams, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Preferred major in chemical, mechanical, electrical engineering. or smart instrumentation
- Solid understanding of the most common physics and chemistry of gas analytics
- Siemens Gas Analyzer knowledge a plus
- Process Instrumentation knowledge would be an advantage
- Working knowledge of fieldbus structures including HART, Profibus, Modbus, Foundation Fieldbus, ProfiNet and Industrial Ethernet
- Understanding of DCS and smart instrument systems and solutions.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.