Siemens Global Business Services (GBS) is a Siemens Service Company that provides innovative digital solutions and customer-oriented business services. With more than 20 years of experience, Siemens GBS taps into its understanding of how organizations and businesses work to seamlessly integrate, digitalize and optimize business processes with a portfolio that covers end-to-end business needs.
Job title: Manager - Design Auto
‘Building Management System Engineering’ (hardware engineering/controls submittals) delivery management for Heating, Ventilation, Air conditioning (HVAC) and its associated equipment's and systems for the large and complex buildings across verticals such as commercial buildings, hospitals, universities, residential complex, schools etc. using company’s tools, software's and operating protocols.
- Manage multiple teams in Building Management System (BMS) engineering team (team size ~75) to deliver global engineering projects for assigned zones/regions/country, including US
- Understand global project requirement, plan and allocate appropriate resources based on the work volume, urgency & complexity of work, ensure project execution as per the gloabak best practices. Adherence to the customer specifications/ regional/country standards are to be followed rigorously
- Ensure cost effective engineering & on-time project delivery with utmost quality
- Ensure high customer satisfaction index and build healthy customer relationship
- Own the responsibility for team’s performance, growth, including identifying training needs and arraging training to meet competency gap.
- Responsible to exceed all operational KPIs, metric for assigned zones/regions
- Prepare & present projects progress reports, monthly operational data and enusre timely billing/invocing
- Ensure the quality of the deliverables are in line with the requirement. Taking suitable remedial actions to prevent the errors/quality issues prior to the submittals. Actions include developing and implementation of proper quality checks and systems, Root Cause Analysis, Continuous Improvements, etc. Thereby ensuring the User Satisfaction score is always above the benchmarks
- BMS engineering submittal includes but not limited to riser diagram, HVAC equipment layout, product selection such as DDC controllers, field devices (sensors, actuators, switches etc.), valve sizing & selection, valve & damper schedules, wiring diagrams, BOM/BOQ, modifying sequence of operations, O&M manuals etc.
- Close coordination with project execution team, other stakeholders through turnover meetings, project review meetings etc
- Engineering Degree in Electrical, Electronics or Instrumentation
- Work experience 10 to 15 years in the domain of building technology (specifically BMS designing/engineering), preferably working for overseas projects in US, and with minimum 5 years of experience in team management
- Strong knowledge of BMS engineering fundamentals & HVAC equipment’s like AHUs, FCUs, VAVs, Water and Air Cooled Chillers, Boilers etc.
- Ability to interpret customer requirements, identify needs and resolve issues in a positive manner
- Proficient in project management, customer relationship management and team management
- Ability to communicate confidently in English – written and spoken
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Bangalore. But you’ll also get to visit other locations in India and globe, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries and the shape of things to come. We’re Siemens. A collection of over 396,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us craft tomorrow.
Organization: Global Business Services
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time