Are you a forward-thinking and aspiring undergraduate ready to take your next steps in the world of Business IT? Join our Intern Development Programme and see for yourself how it differs from any other. Could this be the next exciting step on your journey to your career? If yes, start your year in industry with us at Siemens!
This is your chance to learn about how our work impacts everyday life across the world and you could be there at the centre of that work. From learning how a line of code develops into millions of downloads, to exploring the depths and heights of our varying transport projects, build your skills and see how you can be here with us, shaping the future.
Siemens is driven to deliver innovative solutions that empower our customers to positively transform the industries that form the backbone of our economies. Throughout your Business IT Placement Year in Poole, you’ll experience what it means to work in IT for a global technology company.
During your 12-month placement you’ll work within Siemens IT, gaining invaluable on-the-job experience of projects and initiatives that drive and facilitate digitalisation and delivery of IT services to employees across Siemens AG.
Want to know what it’s really like? Click HERE to hear from three of our previous interns, now turned graduates.
Some of the responsibilities you may have include:
- Working closely with internal customers to consult on the digitalisation of processes and working practices.
- Collaborating with key stakeholders and cross-function teams to fulfil customer demands and business needs.
- Showcasing innovative technologies to our customers to foster new innovative ways of working.
- Working in the ERP space to analyse end user authorization issues, define process roles and personnel import in authorization management tools and prepare data extracts for audits.
- Releasing communication for IT projects.
- Running campaigns and promoting IT services and initiatives.
- Managing digital media content.
- Delivering IT training to end users from the Siemens businesses.
- You are studying towards a 2:2 or above in Business, Information Technology / Information Management combined with Business.
- You think logically, willing to self-learn and research, and take a creative approach to problem solving.
- You can work independently, safely, and responsibly; take ownership of challenges and ideas and are looking to develop your ability to drive and lead change.
- You enjoy collaborating with others to find innovative solutions.
- We’re looking for passionate teammates with the proficiency and attitude to succeed in the world of Business IT.
What else do I need to know?
Alongside your role, the intern development programme (www.siemens.co.uk/interns) will teach softer skills such as communication, teamwork, commercial awareness, digitalisation, and innovation. We also offer plenty of opportunity to develop your career whilst offering a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
We’re looking for passionate teammates with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world of Business IT. Apply now and join Europe’s leading engineering and technology company.
The total rewards' package for this role includes a competitive salary. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit your individual needs.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all applicants to encourage agile working, flexibility, and innovation.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Organization: Information Technology
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time