We are looking for a Linux Administrator / IT Infrastructure Engineer who will maintain, upgrade and improve our IT infrastructure. We expect you to be knowledgeable about overall IT infrastructure such as servers, networking and storage and operations. Your goal will be to ensure that our technology infrastructure is performant, reliable and well-protected.
- 5+ years professional experience in managing an enterprise Linux operating system including RedHat enterprise and SUSE Enterprise.
- Experience with configuration management technologies such as RedHat Satellite, SUSE Manager and Ansible.
- Proven experience supporting and communicating effectively with end users and internal customers.
- System tuning and capacity planning activities geared towards meeting specified service levels.
- Strong knowledge of Linux systems administration and best practices
- Working knowledge of virtualization technologies such as VMware, Docker, etc.
- A team player with good verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Disaster Recovery best practices
- Highly organized with solid documentation skills and consultative experience and skills
- Able to work in high-profile, potentially stressful customer environments
- Able to work flexible schedules, evenings and weekends, according to project requirements
- Able to deliver small projects with minimal oversight and direction
- Able to work as a member of a team on large projects taking direction from a project manager and/or lead architect
- Windows experience a plus to have
- Data protection knowledge - nice to have.
Daily duties will include (but not be limited to):
- Work effectively as a team member in a fast paced, dynamic, deadline-driven environment
- Maintain and operate IT infrastructure components and services (day to day operations)
- Analyze IT specifications to assess changes in infrastructure and security risks
- Propose and implement IT infrastructure changes and upgrades
- Monitor IT infrastructure and computer networks for errors, malfunctions and security violations. Communicate them early to appropriate IT teams and follow up corrective actions
- Serve as an IT infrastructure expert and conduct trainings when needed
- Respond to, identify, isolate and resolve issues related to the Linux, windows and Virtualization environments
- Open to work Flexible Hours - on-call rotation
- Respond to all inquiries, incidents and projects in a timely manner meeting customer SLA
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software, S.A. de C.V.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time