The Engineering Technician will perform continuity testing from point to point on Wired Houses. The technician will load software onto the house and perform operational testing. They will perform an overall quality test of the house per customers’ specifications prior to shipment to the customer. When necessary the engineer will interact with both internal and external engineers as well as the customer.
General Requirements Job Family Responsibilities:
- Assists with and observes routine engineering related studies, processes, designs, inspections and/or quality audits.
- Provides assistance with gathering, recording and maintaining engineering specific information.
- Assists with the preparation of routine charts, graphs and diagrams to illustrate various engineering procedures.
- Provides assistance with routine testing and troubleshooting in a variety of engineering tasks.
- Assists in assembling routine prototypes.
- Assists with routine specification development or preparation.
- Performs routine work within technical or paraprofessional area.
- Identifies problems as they occur and suggests appropriate steps to solve them in situations where the problem is not difficult or complex.
- Seeks advice and guidance on non-routine or problem areas from others.
Education: HS diploma or equivalent required. Specialized skill training/certification may be required.
Knowledge and Experience: Generally, up to 2 years of successful experience in area of responsibility and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
Direction of Others: May provide technical assistance to support staff and train lower level employees.
Key Working Relationships: Contacts are primarily with immediate manager and others in the group.
Why you'll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and healthy work-life balance– Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance, HSA/FSA, Commuter Benefits – starting Day 1!
- Solve the world's most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast-evolving, pioneering technological environment.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Please contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology, sustaining communities, and making a positive impact on the community.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them! Please take advantage of our Tuition Reimbursement program, Mentor Programs, and your development through online learning.
- Employee perks and discounts in addition to our 401k match and generous Paid Time Off
- Diversity and inclusivity focused – Just named on the Forbes 2022 Best Employers for Diversity list!
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.