Siemens is seeking to hire a Project Test Engineer as a part of sustained worldwide growth. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute during the entire software life cycle of our leading CAE/CFD tool STAR-CCM+. You will be a key member of the team while working independently to prepare test plans and test cases, review testing checklists and validate the solutions delivered by development.
Your uncompromising attention to detail will be required to run, monitor and triage regression tests on a regular basis, while your knowledge and experience will help to improve test coverage, tools, and processes.
The Project Test Engineer will document all problems, work to resolve them and report progress on problem resolution to management. The Project Test Engineer must communicate proactively and effectively with local and global team members, team leads, project managers, software developers, and management on issues.
Siemens offers a competitive benefits package and a professional working environment.
We are a world-leading supplier of CAE/CFD solutions to the global engineering community.
o Research new product functionality.
o Develop and document test plans and procedures to verify that our software products and releases meet the established functionality and performance goals.
o Implementation of Software Testing strategies including the execution of
System, Integration, and Unit testing to fulfil the quality requirements on our products.
o Test the products and document and communicate the results of that testing.
o Detailed reporting of software defects, communication of risks to leads and follow-up with stakeholders to ensure prompt resolution of issues.
o Develop automated testing procedures and programs to enhance certification efforts.
o Contribute to strategic directions for the entire Quality Assurance organization.
o Collaboratively contribute to plans for overall quality improvement and obtain signoff from all stakeholders as required.
o Effectively work with a globally dispersed team.
o Participate effectively in cross-functional teams.
o Work with other development areas to improve fault prevention higher up the development stream.
o Participate in testing projects as the representative of Quality Assurance.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
● Degree in Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Computer Science
● Expertise in electrochemistry.
● Minimum 1-2 years of hands-on experience in any CFD tool e.g.: STAR-CCM+/Ansys/OpenFOAM.
● General experience in preparing and executing simulations in CFD software in an industrial environment.
● Good theoretical understanding of fluid flow and heat transfer processes.
● Theoretical knowledge of numerical simulations.
● Knowledge of engineering processes in the industry.
● Knowledge of JAVA.
● Demonstrated proficiency of written and spoken English.
● Strong communication skills.
● Ability to apply advanced level technical skills cooperatively in a challenging, fast-paced environment on a team with experienced professionals.
● Flexibility to work in different domain areas when business demands.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
● Expertise in reacting flows and combustion simulations for industrial applications
● Expertise in turbulence
● Expertise in electromagnetism
● 2+ years of Quality Assurance and /or Testing experience will be an additional advantage.
● Experience working in Agile SDLC environments.
● Experience in managing a multi-platform (Windows / Linux) test environment.
● In addition to the technical knowledge required for this position, applicants should be creative and highly motivated.
At Siemens, we are
always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most
innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out
more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
#DISW #LI-PLM #LI-Hybrid
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software (India) Private Limited
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time