Do you have the passion and the innovative spirit to apply emerging electric drive technologies and concepts to develop next generation of balanced mobility solutions? Are you seeking an innovative environment to rapidly conceptualize and develop product ideas using digital engineering?!
As part of our Services Practice team, you will work closely with Siemens’ customers to design and develop next generation electric drive systems and associated power electronics that improve energy efficiency. Our customers develop a range of products from automotive systems to heavy machinery to off-road machines, and they are interested in an electrified future for their products. Using customers’ product requirements, you will design and implement product architectures and their control algorithms using Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) DISW software tools and technologies.
We are Siemens an award-winning company! Ranked on Fortune 500; Digital Engineering global leader. A collection of over 300,000 outstanding minds who are all making the future. This position is with the North American Simcenter Services Practice team of Siemens Digital Industries Software (DISW) providing Engineering and Consulting services as valuable solutions on software portfolio.
Our Services Practice team develops brand-new solutions for leading global companies in product conceptualisation, development, and deployment with DISW software portfolio. We pride ourselves in providing outstanding technologies, unique solutions, and engineering best-practices to realize innovative mechatronic systems. Such thoughtful solutions are sought by the industry to continuously improve product performance, energy efficiency, user experience and sustainability and to profitably engineer them faster to the market. Combining traditional development techniques with innovative methods available in DISW software portfolio, we serve as trusted guide and partner for organizations to ensure successful business outcomes in their digital transformation journey.
About the job:
You will be part of the project team on customer projects developing electric drive systems using model-based approaches. This position requires an outstanding combination of abilities:
- Serve as a project engineer on Siemens’ customer engagements in electric drive and power electronics for sophisticated concepts and technologies
- Analyze product performance requirements and collaborate closely with multiple project customers to explore product requirements using DISW Simcenter tools
- Model different electric drive architectures and analyze their performance on various load cycles using tools such as Simcenter Amesim and Studio
- Work with Siemens global guides on MBSE approaches and setup simulations for motors, generators, inverters, power converters and related control strategies to perform various types of system design optimizations
- Prepare, deliver and participate in presentations for broader technical and management teams
- Mostly work in hybrid mode, but able and willing to travel to local customer sites as needed.
Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS or MS in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering with special interests in electric drives and power electronics
- Experience in modeling and simulation of drive systems and power devices:
- Knowledge and interests in Automotive mechatronic subsystems such as electrified powertrains and e-drivetrains. Solid understanding of vehicle dynamics
- Experience in conceptualizing and implementing models for electric drives, motors, and power converter components using MATLAB/Simulink, Amesim or similar system simulation tools
- Experience in developing and implementing different electric machine control techniques using MATLAB/Simulink or C-code
- Solid understanding of optimization techniques and methods to evaluate performance of different electric powertrain architectures
- Demonstrable experience in debugging simulations and in results analysis
- Experience in implementing test cases in simulation environment using plant models and evaluating controller performance using simulation results
- Demonstrated problem solving skills in a diverse team environment
- Detailed and results-driven
- Self-motivated teammate that works quickly, independently and on schedule
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Great to have but not required:
- Understanding and application of well-adapted Systems Engineering processes including functional requirements derivation, test scenario generation, detailed verification and validation of design from units to system level
- Knowledge and experience in sophisticated control concepts such as Model Predictive Control, Observer design and Kalman Filtering
- Solid understanding of Agile approach to product development.
Employee Benefits (USA):
- Healthcare benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Life insurance covered by Siemens
- Long-term and short-term disability plans covered by Siemens
- 401K matching
- Flexible personal time off, including paid volunteer time off.
This is a growth position for you to tackle broader Technical, Management or Commercial responsibilities as they progress in your career. With its global footprint in multiple industry segments, Siemens offers a wealth of limitless possibilities for professional growth!
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.