Siemens Industry, Inc. has an opening for a Low Voltage Power Supply Sales Support Specialist focused on the SITOP product line. The SITOP brand is a well-established name in industrial automation globally and celebrated its 25th year in 2018. This product line includes a full range of low voltage power products from the simplest 24V DC power supply to most sophisticated leading age “smart” products that are Ethernet enabled and ready for IIoT applications in the “digital age”. As the leading supplier of factory automation products and solutions, Siemens is driving the renaissance in American manufacturing. Digitalization is transforming the world around us and Siemens’ automation products and solutions are revolutionizing the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT). As a member of the Siemens team, you will help promote and sell power supply solutions that enable companies to manufacture state of the art products taking full advantage of digitalization and integrated automation. This is not your father’s manufacturing!
As a Low Voltage Power Supply Sales Support Specialist, you will work with Sales Engineers serving customers in diverse industries helping them in designing and building automation solutions for a wide variety of applications. Power supplies are a most critical and necessary component of any system and your knowledge of low voltage power products [such as power supplies, DC UPS, etc.] will position you as a subject matter expert among your peers in Sales as well as customers.
This position is responsible for supporting the Siemens Totally Integrated Automation sales team and channel partners in the Central-West Region. This sales support specialist position will execute demand generation activities [marketing], nurture and drive sales opportunities to closure with the ultimate goal to grow the SITOP power supply product line business in the US.
Outward focused, customer oriented and self-motivated individual driven to:
· Focus on targeted accounts and regional low voltage power product opportunities
· Roll out regional and channel partner marketing programs and new product launch activities
· Provide consultative support to sales teams, channel partners and customers relative to the Siemens’ SITOP product line; consult on optimal power supply selections and complex technical application assistance
· Support the sales organization to close identified opportunities
· Conduct/organize cross functional activities related to training and marketing activities for sales channels
· Work with the SITOP product marketing manager to implement marketing strategies and programs in the region
· Provides input into the requirements for the development of new products or enhancing existing products or product lines
· Provide feedback on customer requirements and issues as well as competitive feedback.
Required Knowledge & Skills
- Candidate must have basic knowledge of automation solution sets and architectures.
- Understanding of a low voltage DC “power supply” as a critical component of an automation system.
- Prior experience in a customer facing sales or technical role
- Good interpersonal and presentation skills
- Familiarity with the basic components of an automation system: PLC's, HMI, and SCADA.
- Education: BS/BA in related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3-5 years of successful and demonstrated experience in a customer facing sales or technical role
- Anticipated travel: ~50%
- Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Preferred Knowledge & Skills
- Familiarity with Siemens’ SITOP product line
- Familiarity with commonly sold competitive power supply product lines in US industrial markets (Phoenix Contact, PULS, Meanwell, SOLA, etc.)
- Knowledge of and experience in Oil & Gas industry
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.