Siemens Mobility provides efficient and coordinated transportation of people and goods by rail – including rolling stock, rail automation, rail electrification, and service. We craft and manufacture across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. Cities and Railroads also rely on us to provide traction-power substations and electricity transmission, as well as signaling and control technology for freight and passenger rail and transit systems.
The candidate shall have the ability to conduct RAMS analyses on Locomotives, Coach Cars and Light Rail vehicles. In this role, you will carry out Reliability, Availability, Maintainability, and Safety analysis for the assigned Rail vehicle projects to ensure vehicle design compliance with Rail Industry standards and Customer Specifications.Responsibilities:
- Plan, coordinate, perform, and implement all tasks related to RAMS work on the vehicle project. RAMS deliverables on a vehicle project includes:
- Reliability and Maintainability Program Plan,
- System Safety Program Plan,
- Vehicle Failure Mode Effects Criticality Analysis (FMECA),
- Preliminary and Sub-System Hazard Analysis (PHA & SSHA),
- Fault Tree Analysis (FTA),
- Operating and Support Hazard Analysis (O&SHA),
- Sneak Circuit Analysis,
- Reliability Analysis,
- Maintainability Analysis,
- Reliability Demonstration Plan,
- Maintainability Demonstration Plan
- Key point of contact for all RAMS topics on a project with internal and external customers
- Work with system engineers on design solutions to meet project RAMS requirements and applicable standards & regulations
- Review RAMS requirements specified in customer specifications and assign these to subsystem suppliers via supplier technical specifications
- Coordinate with subsystem suppliers on RAMS deliverables and review / approve.
- Review RAMS deliverables with customer, address customer concerns/comments and get timely approval.
Bachelor's degree in Electrical / Electronics & Communication / Mechanical / Industrial Engineering with 5 or more years of RAMS work experience in Rolling Stock preferred but candidates with RAMS experience in other safety critical industry such as Automotive, Aerospace, Defense, Nuclear or Marine will be considered as well.Required Skills:
- Excellent social skills - verbal, written and presentation.
- Ability to work independently.
- Detailed knowledge of RAMS theory and experience in RAMS tools & techniques.
- Knowledge of Rail Industry Standards – EN 50126, 50128, 50129, and / or Safety standards IEC 61508, MIL-STD-882E, MIL-STD-1629A, DOT-FTA-MA- 26-5005-00-01, FRA 238.105
- Experience in participating in safety review boards.
- Ability to identify safety critical functions both in hardware and in software.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic control schematics as well as mechanical engineering drawings.
- Freedom and healthy work-life balance– Health, Dental, Vision Insurance, HSA/FSA, Commuter Benefits – starting Day 1
- Solve the world's most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast-evolving, pioneering technological environment.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Please contribute to our social responsibility initiatives passionate about access to education, access to technology, sustaining communities, and positively impacting the community.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them! Please take advantage of our Tuition Reimbursement program, Mentor Programs, and your development through online learning.
- Employee perks and discounts in addition to our 401k match and generous Paid Time Off
- Diversity and inclusivity focused – Just named on the Forbes 2022 Best Employers for Diversity list!
While we appreciate all applications, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.