Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2021
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owner, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
The Digital Deployment Specialist is responsible for deployment of assigned projects that are managed through the Zone Technical Center. Assemble the customer solution off site and install the Digital Deployment Package, perform factory testing, document completeness, and perform remote commissioning for panel and controller level equipment.
- Gathers all documents required to enable a functioning system, including product licensing, firmware, panel and controller level databases.
- Provides all required technical files for third party system integrations.
- Provides required testing protocol of all system components
- Loads programs to enable a functioning system including product licenses, firmware updates, panel programming, graphics, setting IP addresses, setting jumpers on all hardware, and properly applying labels to all materials
- Tests hardware loaded with software to ensure expected results, including I/O level testing, alarm messaging functioning as expected, and all third-party systems integrations
- Performs Quality Assurance on the deployment package and turns over solution to field technical resources, turns over materials to project manager to get materials to jobsite.
- Performs migrations from P2 to BACnet,
- Ensures customer expectations are met and resolves customer issues in a timely, effective, and professional manner.
- Updates cloud-based project site with testing results and technical documents as required;
- Receives and tracks work via workflow management software (Wrike) as required.
- Provides remote commissioning of panel and controller level logic when remote connectivity is in place.
- Acts as a technical resource to all ZTC and field resources
- Must be able to perform all tasks with minimal supervision or coaching.
- Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons
- High school diploma or state-recognized GED required; Associate degree in Electronics, Computer Science, or other related technical field preferred
- Experience in the specialized area of Building Automation (at this time, we are considering candidates who are employees of Siemens Smart Buildings for this role, with a preference given to those already residing in our Pacific Zone)
- Ability to travel up to 15% as needed
- Strong knowledge of engineering fundamentals, construction methods, Internet of Things, and API integrations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook software programs
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.