Siemens Digital Industries Software - Where today meets tomorrow.
Siemens Digital Industries (DI) is an innovation leader in automation and digitalization. Closely, collaborating with partners and customers, we care about the digital transformation in the process and discrete industries. With our Digital Enterprise portfolio, we provide and encourage companies of all sizes with an end-to-end set of products, solutions and services to integrate and digitalize the entire value chain.
We offer a role with responsibility, independence and the possibility to contribute proactive. We foster a teamwork culture with room for individual development
About the role / Segment
The candidate will be in charge of research and development of software, algorithms, and techniques for formal verification of hardware, software and safety critical systems, contributing to Catapult Formal and High-Level Verification product lines in Siemens EDA. As a generalist, for a formal verification product line, the candidate will have a broad charter of contributing to various aspects of the tool flow, to take formal verification from research to broad usage. The candidate will report to the head of the Catapult Formal R&D team, in Calypto Systems Division in Siemens EDA. The division is responsible for industry leading tools for formal verification, high level synthesis, RTL power analysis and optimizations, and FPGA and ASIC synthesis.
Area of responsibility
This software development position entails contributions to different areas of Calypto’s Catapult Formal product, language frontends for C++, SystemC, and RTL, data flow analysis, netlist database and optimizations, solver orchestration and benchmarking, to debug flows utilizing industry standard waveform and testbench formats, and integration with third party tools for waveforms and simulation. The candidate will also interact with other product groups, field engineers, and customers to identify and develop unique formal verification solutions requirements that arise, such as C++ high level synthesis, CPU/FPU formal verification, RTL power optimizations, etc. Typical duties in this role involve:
- Software development, testing and code quality best practices
- Benchmarking and documentation
- Debugging of software, either in house, or in customer environments
- Developing solutions and methodologies for unique customer problems
- Communicating with peers, other teams, and customers
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- The candidate will possess either a Bachelors degree with 5+ years of experience, or a Masters degree with 2+ years of experience in computer science, electrical engineering or related fields.
- The candidate should possess strong skills in algorithms and data structures, at least one modern programming language, with C++ preferred, scripting languages, program/data flow analysis, computer arithmetic, etc.
- The position may involve occasional travel for internal meetings, as the team is geographically diverse.
Knowledge or experience in the following is a plus.
- Understanding of formal verification of hardware/software
- Mathematical/analytical abilities
- High-level/behavioral synthesis
- Hardware design and verification
- RTL simulation tools
Working at Siemens Software
Working at Siemens Software means flexibility - Choosing between working at home and the office at other times is the norm here. We offer great benefits and rewards, as you'd expect from a world leader in industrial software.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality.
Siemens Industry Software is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate unlawfully on the grounds of age, disability, gender assignment, marriage, and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, or trade union membership.
Siemens. Making real what matters
Please visit https://www.siemens.com/plm.
If you want to make a difference – make it with us!
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Electronic Design Automation SARL
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time