Siemens Industry is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer for our Grand Prairie, TX factory located in the heart of the DFW Metroplex. Our growing facility has over 700 employees that produce high-quality, engineered and make-to-order power distribution equipment. The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for manufacturing capability, continuity and continuous improvement. This includes documentation and performance measurement of manufacturing processes, new product introduction, improvements to production lines, capital expenditures, cost savings measures and fixture design. The Manufacturing Engineer also participates in the resolution of issues and improvements to IT infrastructure and production systems. Projects owned by this position will be key components in the realization of the factory vision.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. The Grand Prairie factory is focused on ensuring that zero harm is done to our employees and zero defects are created in our processes. We utilize lean principles and digital factory technology to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
- Improve safety for all personnel that work in and around production lines
- Drive efforts and initiatives to reduce production errors, improve product quality and increase productivity
- Performance measurement and documentation of manufacturing processes
- Identification and management of improvement projects that may require capital expenditures, contractors, cost savings calculations, CAD design and physical installation work
- Work with digitalization team to implement tools such as Digital Work Instructions, Operator Displays, Performance/Status Dashboards, and other connected worker support tools
- Facility and maintenance improvements related to production areas
- Maintain accurate production line drawings and convert to 3D
- Establish time standards and shop floor routings
- Production line changes related to new product introduction and expansion
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
1. B.S. or greater in Engineering
2. 4 plus years experience with completion of relevant projects to improve safety, quality, delivery reliability and cost in a manufacturing environment
3. Ability to measure, design/specify and install production fixtures and equipment
4. Lean manufacturing techniques
5. Proficiency in data collection and analysis
6. AutoCAD or similar
7. Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
1. Experience simulating manufacturing systems and processes
2. Experience with computer programming and/or database management
3. Experience with SAP or similar MRP system
4. 6 Sigma certification
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.