Change the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused - check out our communities!
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2022, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2022 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2022.
What will you do?
As Customer Service Manager, Fire Alarm Systems, you will foster relationships with assigned accounts in order to achieve agreed Order Intake budgets and maintain excellent customer relations.
- Continually review customer needs/demands and to advise on and optimise the activities of Service Technicians accordingly on all assigned service accounts i.e. maintenance visits, repairs, training demonstrations etc.
- Advise Service Supervisor and Dispatcher on service visits and handle all call-back problems
- Manage the Contract Renewal process for assigned accounts in conjunction with the Service Manager; Review and ensure contract costs are accurate to ensure repeat year on year profitable renewal.
- Renewal costs to be sent to customer and agreed upon at least one month prior to end of contract year.
- Be responsible for all aspects of small service work requirements from proposal stage to final close-out and invoice.
- Generate customised competitive proposals for small system modifications repairs based on exact customer requirements.
- Liaison with other contractors/sub-contractors where necessary to ensure site operations are fully co-ordinated; Negotiate the most cost-effective solution for sub-contract suppliers and all other suppliers in-line with purchasing policies and procedures.
- Act as the Service Small Works Project Manager and deliver some small works projects
- Liase with Service Project Sales to share service leads and support the quotation process and maximise opportunities.
- Drive and coordinate the implementation of cRSP (Common Remote Service Portal) in our fire alarm client locations.
- Take ownership of the service portal setup for our fire alarm clients and getting our customers trained to use it.
- Be contractually and commercially aware of the Company’s position at all times.
- Be flexible and willing to work additional hours in order to meet project deadlines or as needs dictate.
- Ensure all damaged or faulty equipment is carefully packed and immediately returned to the warehouse with the appropriate documentation.
- Complete appropriate company documentation e.g. expenses and time cards in accordance with company procedures.
- Ensure that all test equipment and tools issued by the Company are maintained in good condition, kept secure and tested as required.
- Attend personal training programmes, as required.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties as requested by management, as required.
What will you need to succeed?
- 5+ years’ Fire Alarm Systems experience is essential
- Strong working knowledge of Fire Building Codes and Inspection codes
- Strong customer focus - able to sell small works and manage service maintenance performance for outstanding customer satisfaction
- Proven organizational skills - able to plan effectively and prioritise workloads including the ability to multi-task and delegate effectively
- Self-motivated and calm under pressure; Good communication skills - verbal and written IT literate
- Commercially and technically aware
- Driver’s licence in good standing is essential
- A “do what needs to be done” attitude to achieve and maintain excellent customer service.
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Active across Canada, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Siemens brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. Through Mobility, a leading supplier of intelligent mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is helping to shape Canada’s passenger rail services. Via its majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, Siemens is also a leading supplier of medical technology and digital health services. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
Making a difference together we raised $385,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 38 non-profit organizations and planted 660 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Sur demande, Siemens Canada prendra des mesures d’accommodement raisonnables pour les personnes handicapées, dans le but de soutenir la participation des candidats dans tous les aspects du processus de recrutement. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.