Siemens Mobility (SMO) is the world’s leading provider of mobility solutions that enable the efficient, safe, and environmentally friendly transport of people and goods - and help improve the quality of everyday life for millions of people on all continents.
Motivated by innovation, we develop intelligent solutions for the growing digitalization of the transport sector. Our range of offerings includes rail vehicles, rail automation, road traffic management systems, rail electrification and services. Siemens Mobility KSA is part of the BACS consortium which is responsible for the design and build of Lines 1 and 2 of the Riyadh metro networks. The scope of work encompasses detailed structural, architectural and transit system design together with construction, testing and Commissioning of work.
Today, we are recruiting a CIS Installation and T&C Supervisor to Join our Project Team in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. This is an excellent career opportunity to join a truly international team who is working for Rail /Transportation Business.
Overall responsibility / Mission:
- Inputs effectiveness assessment for planned Installation or PIS/PA T&C activities
- Daily reporting of site progress, ensuring that progress is measured in terms of planned (programmed) V actual
- Liaison on and off site with the Sub contractor.
- Highlighting any slippages/blocking points and actions taken for recovery.
Measurement of success:
- Clear Concise Daily reports
- Zero incidents / accidents on site.
- Zero Non conformance reports
- Installation running to schedule or ahead of schedule
- Successful handover of product.
Objectives / main activities:
- Coordinate the CIS installation works with the Installation Manager and subsequently the Sub Contractor.
- Coordinate the CIS PIS/PA T&C work with the PIS/PA T&C Lead Engineer and subsequently the Sub Contractor.
- Liaison on a daily basis with the Installation or the T&C Sub Contractor and on occasions the client as directed by the Installation Manager.
- Inputs effectiveness assessment for planned Installation (Method Statement, Installation Work Package, Shop drawing, Site BOQ, Material, Work Permit) or PIS/PA T&C (Test Procedures, Work Permit) activities
- Reporting of daily progress and any notifiable incidents or accidents.
- Be safety conscious in terms of Method statements and safe systems of works.
- Inspecting works daily, documenting any snagging items; installation defects, or T&C finding for inclusion in the Master Snag List.
- Managing Snag items through to completion.
- Coordination of site materials and logistics with the Installation Contractor.
- Undertake site surveys and inspections.
- Participate in ITP witnessing as and when directed
- Dealing with any site specific queries – escalating unresolved issues where appropriate.
- Ensuring that all method statements and drawings used on site are the latest and up to date.
- Manage the access to the site with the Overall Site Management.
- Follow the schedule and targets set in order to finish the works on time, highlight to the Installation Manager or the PIS/PA T&C Lead T&C Engineer where improvements are possible and where the deadline cannot be met.
- Assist, where appropriate or directed by the Installation Manager with Commissioning activities.
- Assist, where appropriate or directed by the PIS/PA T&C Lead Engineer with T&C activities.
- Prepare , in conjunction with the Sub Contractor the As-Built mark-ups as feedback to the CAD-Designers after handover.
Knowledge / Qualification
- Degree Educated or similar in Electrical or Communications Engineering
- 3+ work experience on Communication or Electrical Installation Project or similar
- Experienced in dealing with installation teams
- Knowledge and experience in reading and understanding designs, installation principles NFPA standards.
- Excellent English, speaking and writing.
- Experienced in working in a multicultural environment
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work. People with disabilities will be preferred in case of equal qualification. Please find more information at www.siemens.com
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your on-line application. Please note only complete application documents, including diplomas, certificates of employment or letter of recommendation respectively can be considered in the selection process.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Branch KSA
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time