Siemens Mobility (SMO) is the world’s leading provider of mobility solutions that enable the efficient, safe, and environmentally friendly transport of people and goods - and help improve the quality of everyday life for millions of people on all continents.
Motivated by innovation, we develop intelligent solutions for the growing digitalization of the transport sector. Our range of offerings includes rail vehicles, rail automation, road traffic management systems, rail electrification and services. Siemens Mobility KSA is part of the BACS consortium which is responsible for the design and build of Lines 1 and 2 of the Riyadh metro networks. The scope of work encompasses detailed structural, architectural and transit system design together with construction, testing and Commissioning of work.
Today, we are recruiting CIS SCADA Field T&C Graduate Engineer to Join our Project Team in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. This is an excellent career opportunity to join a truly international team who is working for Rail /Transportation Business.
Overall responsibility / Mission:
Reporting to the CIS T&C Manager the SCADA Field T&C Engineer is accountable for:
• Performing SCADA Off Plant & On Plant testing according to the test procedure or as instructed by the CIS T&C Manager.
• Documenting test results and findings.
• Reviewing and updating where applicable SCADA I/O and configuration data.
• Daily reporting of site test progress, ensuring that progress is measured in terms of planned (programmed) versus actual.
• Troubleshooting during testing.
• Highlighting any slippages and actions taken for recovery.
Measurement of success:
- Clear Concise Daily reports.
- Zero incidents / accidents on site.
- Zero Nonconformance reports.
- Installation running to schedule or ahead of schedule.
- Successful handover of product.
Objectives / main activities:
- Review testing documentation (test procedures, processes, test reports):
- Perform SCADA functional tests and commissioning:
- Support / performance for static and dynamic tests with several partners.
- Support / performance of static and dynamic tests of “integrative nature”.
- Validation of data at the database level.
- Interface integration and testing for various subsystems – Communications (COM), Automatic Fare Collection (AFC), Public Address and Public address and Voice Alarm (PAVA), Passenger Information System (PIS), Building Management System (BMS), etc.
- Troubleshooting interface drivers, database logic, networks and applications.
- Protocols as such, SNMP, Modbus, Modbus RTU, OPC DA, OPC UA, SQL and DNP3.
- Support development and defect fixing of SCADA Software interface drivers.
- Testing and commissioning of SCADA system according to Static System Integration Test (SSIT) procedures.
- Test using Verification and Validation Methodology.
- Produce test procedures and co-ordinate testing of the work packages.
- Management of version and configuration control.
- Coordinate the T&C installation requirements with the Installation Manager to perform tests onsite.
- Reporting of daily progress and any notifiable incidents or accidents.
- Be safety conscious in terms of method statements and safe systems of works.
- Inspecting works daily, documenting any snagging items or T&C defects for inclusion in the Master Snag List.
- Managing SCADA related Snag items through to completion.
- Participate in Installation Test Procedure witnessing as and when directed.
- Dealing with any site specific queries – escalating unresolved issues where appropriate.
- Follow the schedule and targets set in order to finish the works on time, highlight to the Installation Manager where improvements are possible and where the deadline cannot be met.
Knowledge / Qualification
- Degree Educated or similar in Electrical or Communications Engineering.
- 3 years experinence in n Communication or Electrical Installation Project or similar.
- Experienced in dealing with Installation and T&C teams.
- Knowledge and experience in reading and understanding designs, installation principles NFPA standards.
- Fluent in speaking and writing in English language.
- Experienced in working in a multicultural environment.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work. People with disabilities will be preferred in case of equal qualification. Please find more information at www.siemens.com
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your on-line application. Please note only complete application documents, including diplomas, certificates of employment or letter of recommendation respectively can be considered in the selection process.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Branch KSA
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time