Siemens eMobility® solutions is shaping the market with innovative EV charging technologies. We are dedicated to driving an open and accessible market for electric vehicles, as well as planning and implementing secure grid connections to enable further growth of EV adoption.
Interested in technology that advances our communities and enables a cleaner, more efficient environment? Interested in gaining exposure to developing the systems and smart solutions that keep cities growing, businesses flourishing and people safe? Start your career with some of the brightest minds in the industry.
Here at Siemen eMobility solutions, we are transforming the everyday through our inclusive and rewarding work environment. Come be a part of our growing eMobility team, where you can build and implement new products, technologies and applications!
Electrical Design Engineer for EV charging station technology (eMobility, renewable & green energy)
- Participate in the electrical schematic design for the next generation of EV fast chargers.,
- Use expertise to manage component selection to meet performance, quality and cost requirements.
- Collaborate as a key member of an international engineering team to ensure the product is developed on-schedule and within budget while meeting all design and certification requirements.
- Work as a liaison with procurement throughout the order process from order-entry to production.
- Work closely with the remote R&D team to ensure manufacturability of the product and support production during prototype builds, customer-specific builds, and design change implementation.
- Support the local assembly and introduction of new DC charging stations for plug in and automated connections for a variety of electric vehicles across a broad range of interface options from 100 to 800 kW.
- Create documentation (schematics, wire diagrams, BOMs) to support all aspects of manufacturing / assembly of charging stations ensuring manufacturability.
- Role will report to R&D manager.
Essential Job Functions:
- Design product solutions to meet customer requirements in cost-effective and timely manner.
- Ensure electrical designs meet all applicable agency requirements and standards. (ie: UL, NEMA, etc.)
- Interact with other R&D engineering team members, Contract Administrators, Procurement, Project management, Product Line Mangers and Manufacturing to resolve technical issues in a dynamic evolving environment.
- Create and review product and process test reports/plans of new or modified product designs.
- Complete engineering assurance evaluations including: Reliability, Maintainability, and Availability (RM&A), Failure Modes, Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA), and Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Participate in agency certification and approval process
- Document electrical design using CAD software packages such as EPLAN, Engineering Base, etc...
- Set-up new materials/components in SAP (ERP system) and co-ordinate with team to select vendors and manage obsolete/replacement parts.
- Select special devices to function as required in assemblies and/or circuits. Determine proper method for applying, installing, and wiring special devices as required.
- Work with the manufacturing team to diagnose and resolve engineering issues and supervise manufacturing builds of prototypes.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, or related field with 3-5 years experience in product design and development.
- Minimum 3 years of Electrical CAD design/drafting experience utilizing ELCAD, AutoCAD electrical, EPLAN or Engineering Base. Preference given to experience with Engineering Base.
- Minimum 3 years experience working with electrical distribution products and systems.
- Deep knowledge of standard protection and control technologies used in low voltage power distribution products including knowledge of industrial networking protocols for automation such as Profinet or CAN.
- Technical knowledge of the Electrical Products industry and/or Electrical Vehicle Charger Industry with fundamental understanding of NEC standards
- Detailed orientated and able to embrace a culture of quality while working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Experience working with an ERP system, preference given for experience with SAP.
- Strong English written and verbal skills
- Ability to travel to Europe if needed.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Master’s degree in engineering is a plus with consideration given if degree concentration is in power systems.
- Familiarity with ANSI, IEEE, UL, SAE and NEMA standards for DC Chargers.
- Knowledge or experience with EMC protection / certification
- Experience with electrical design for DC Electric Chargers.
- Experience with cloud-based CRM (Customer Relationship Management) solutions (Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics)
- Experience working with PLCs (Programmable Logic Controllers). Preference with experience working with Siemens PLC.
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so we'd like to meet you!
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.