Siemens eMobility® solutions is shaping the market with innovative EV charging technologies. We are dedicated to driving an open and accessible market for electric vehicles, as well as planning and implementing secure grid connections to enable further growth of EV adoption.
Interested in technology that advances our communities and enables a cleaner, more efficient environment? Interested in gaining exposure to developing the systems and smart solutions that keep cities growing, businesses flourishing and people safe? Start your career with some of the brightest minds in the industry.
Here at Siemen eMobility solutions, we are transforming the everyday through our inclusive and rewarding work environment. Come be a part of our growing eMobility team, where you can build and implement new products, technologies, and applications!
Mechanical Design Engineer – Electro-mechanical product development for DC Charging market
- Design and develop customized DC charging electro-mechanical systems and sub-components based on customer requirements and industry standards.
- Conduct product validation and verification testing to ensure conformance to product specification and certification requirements.
- Position will report directly to DC Engineering manager
- Design, develop and test mechanical components for EV DC fast charge electrical control system ensuring product meets all customer and certification requirements.
- Create 3D piece part and assembly CAD models (NX)
- Prepare mechanical piece part and assembly design drawings conforming to all applicable regulations and standards.
- Build prototype assemblies for preliminary test and verification.
- Conduct system level tolerance analysis
- Complete engineering assurance evaluations including: Reliability, Maintainability, and Availability (RM&A), Failure Modes, Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA), and Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Perform product validation and verification testing of complete system and subsystem at the concept, prototype and production phases of development.
- Participate in agency certification and approval process
- Work collaboratively with manufacturing teams to ensure smooth transition of product to production addressing any issues that may arise.
- Maintain product data/documentations in Team Center and SAP.
- Manage engineering work packages in view of date, cost and quality aspects
- Define and perform Factory Acceptance Tests of mechanical components and systems
- Collaborate closely with offshore team members throughout development lifecycle.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering
- 5 – 7 years experience designing and developing electro-mechanical systems – power electronics experience preferred.
- Minimum 5 years experience designing sheetmetal enclosures and assemblies (welding, fasteners, etc..).
- Minimum 3 years experience conducting thermal and structural analysis at the component and system level using ANSYS.
- Experience conducting FMEA (Failure Mode and Effects Analysis)
- Solid understanding of DFM (Design for Manufacturing), DFA (Design for Assembly) and DFS (Design for Serviceability) principles.
- Minimum 5 years 3D CAD modeling experience (NX or SolidWorks)
- Experience defining and documenting system and architecture requirements for complex electro-mechanical solutions.
- Experience designing NEMA 3R / IP54 compliant enclosures
- Basic knowledge of electrical engineering (ie: component enclosures, cabling, shielding, grounding and other safety principles, etc..)
- Knowledge of engineering processes in project realization, preferably in an international project environment.
- Knowledge of relevant UL Standards is highly desired
- Verbal and written fluency in English
- Availability to travel to Europe
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so we'd like to meet you! Apply today and learn how you can be a part of the Siemens family.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.