Siemens eMobility® solutions is shaping the market with innovative EV charging technologies. We are dedicated to driving an open and accessible market for electric vehicles, as well as planning and implementing secure grid connections to enable further growth of EV adoption. .
Interested in technology that advances our communities and enables a cleaner, more efficient environment?
Interested in gaining exposure to developing the systems and smart solutions that keep cities growing, businesses flourishing and people safe? Start your career with some of the brightest minds in the industry.
Here at Siemen eMobility solutions, we are transforming the everyday through our inclusive and rewarding work environment. Come be a part of our growing eMobility team, where you can build and implement new products, technologies, and applications!
R&D System Test Engineer – System, Integration and Interoperability test of DC EVSE (Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment).
- Responsible for Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment testing to verify conformance with product specification.
- Create concept and design test strategy for DC charging unit
- Define and execute test cases according to system test specification
- Create plan and execute automated test approach for system as well as software level test
- System Test Engineer will report to R&D manager
- Work as a member of the development team responsible for system tests of EVSE in EV Infrastructure as well as isolated environments
- Work as a member of Development Team to collaborate with Project manager and System architect to identify test requirements on component and system level.
- Evaluate requirements to ensure they are clearly worded and to determine acceptance criteria and verification method to be used to verify requirements.
- Develop and update Test Plans, Test Procedures and Test Reports in support of assigned projects.
- Configure test tools according to test strategy
- Perform EV Infrastructure interoperability testing including cloud communication, EV service providers (OCPP), Building management software (MODBUS) etc.
- Prepare test results report and review observed results and behaviors with responsible development engineers
- Design, improve and perform product level system tests to validate and verify customer use cases.
- Design / improve Automation tests to optimize test time and support endurance tests for all defined scenarios.
- Oversee set-up and test process with external test sites
- Perform first article inspection tests for initial factory units.
- Assist in Pre-Compliance testing for UL, Nema, ANSI standards
- Test performance of charger networks for various communication channels (LAN, WiFi, Cellular)
- Develop automated test solutions
- Implement specified test case, create and maintain test library
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelors degree in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering or computer science
- Minimum 3 years experience working in development engineering environment with emphasis on hardware and/or software testing.
- Strong familiarity and working knowledge of various verification methods and test approaches to successfully verify requirements including development of test procedures and other test documentation
- Knowledge of the engineering lifecycle and requirements development and testing process
- Practical experience with test automation
- Working knowledge of requisite test equipment (oscilloscope, thermal couples, etc...)
- Minimum 2 years experience of hardware / software interactions at PCBA level and diagnosing circuit level failures
- Minimum 2 years working experience in software-hardware integration testing and hardware reliability
- Experience participating in root cause evaluation of failures
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Experience in EV Interoperability testing.
- Working knowledge of Linux systems, data structures, cloud communication
- Working Experience of communication protocols SAE J1772, HPGP, OCPP, Open ADR etc used in EV management
- Masters degree with 5-7 years experience in embedded software development.
- Experience interacting directly with customer and customer representatives
- Knowledge of electrical systems, specifically EV charging solutions is highly desired.
- Embedded firmware development experience in 8,16 and 32 bit microprocessor
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so we'd like to meet you! Apply today and learn how you can be a part of the Siemens family.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.