The Siemens Mobility division has exciting opportunities for Railway Signalling Principles Tester. These roles will be located in our Bangkok office. The Siemens Mobility team is looking for an individual that is aligned with our company values: excellent and innovative.
Role and Responsibilities
- Take overall responsibility for the Principles testing of new and altered signalling systems.
- Manage Principles testing activities as part of the commissioning of signalling equipment to meet standards, contract specifications, performance and safety parameters
- Testing and verification that signalling data and design is in accordance with relevant signalling standards and requirements
- Represent Siemens at client and contract meetings
- Undertake testing duties within the scope of Certificate of Competency and accreditations held
- Identify testing resource requirements for projects ensuring competent staff are utilized
- Complete and audit testing documentation
- Prepare and check bids for accuracy of the Principles testing portion of signalling projects.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of processes and procedures, and innovations and initiatives
- Maintain detailed forecasts of testing timescales and resource requirements to deliver projects within tendered costs and programme timescales
- Provide Technical input to scheme developments and implementation strategies
- Bachelor Degree or higher in a relevant discipline (desirable)
- Membership of the Institution of Railway Signal Engineers – MIRSE (or ability to achieve)
- Experience in Railway Signalling Testing and Commissioning of complex layouts
- Principles Tester IRSE License
- Thorough and detailed knowledge of signalling principles and associated design elements
- Thorough and detailed knowledge of principles testing requirements
- Substantial Railway Signalling experience especially in the Principles of testing of Computer Based Interlocking schemes
- Conventional free-wired and/or geographical systems knowledge
- Good personnel management and communication skills
- Able to work under pressure during intense periods of commissioning
- Willing to work flexibly and efficiently in support of the project.
- Proven ability to mentor, coach and develop subordinate staff
- Able to contribute to the Leadership team to provide the development and future direction for the LCE testing group.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time