Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Meeting the need for smart mobility solutions
We’re making the lives of people who travel easier and more enjoyable while constantly developing new, intelligent mobility solutions.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
- To deliver Electronic Interlocking Project Engineering solutions in accordance with the contracts received for mainline projects as per Business / Project plan.
- You will undertake Electronic Interlocking Systems Engineering activity in accordance with the contracts received and the scope of work as detailed in the contract. This involves allocating the work as per contract delivery requirements and prepare the project planning for Design, supply, installation, Testing and Commissioning activities. Above all, meeting the Quality, Cost & Delivery parameters as defined for each of the contracts. Also liaison with other Siemens companies in transferring Engineering work packages that could be designed and delivered from Siemens.
- To support the Chief Project Manager and to build the team for the future load of Electronic Interlocking works, there is a need to select an experienced Project Manager for the future.
- Key Project Management activities will be:
- Definition of work packages for the local staff
- Coordination and control of work packages
- Time scheduling
- Progress control
- Internal and external Reporting
- Local staff management
- Supervision of local staff
- Preparation of and support of system installation on site
- Preparation of and support of system commissioning
- Report of any risks and chances
- Inspection upon arrival of goods
- Management of delivery of goods to customer
- All the above activities will need to be planned, developed and delivered on time and on budget and to required quality and safety levels, while satisfying the project objectives and ensuring outstanding customer satisfaction under the Electronic Interlocking – Main line project portfolio.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- You have Bachelors degree in engineering
- You carry 6 to 10 years of experience
- You have good communication skills
- You will be well qualified and have well developed knowledge in project site construction skills, project management skills, which are backed up by a strong technical background in engineering and project management qualifications.
- You have experience in systems Engineering, Electronics Communications will be an added advantage. In particular you will have applied your systems engineering practices in other mission critical projects in the transport domain; with exposure to various standards such as IEEE, ISO, IEC and Cenelec.
- You have working experience in a Railway Signalling Company will be advantageous.
- You have exposure to and working experience in the relevant Siemens sector domain (Industry, Energy, Healthcare, Infrastructure and Cities).
- You have experience in contributing towards global projects
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Bangalore. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Mobility at: https://new.siemens.com/in/en/products/mobility.html and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Rail Automation Pvt. Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time