Job Title: Research engineer – Sustainable simulations for manufacturing
Location: Bangalore, India
Organization: Research in Digitalization & Automation (RDA) at Siemens Technology
With over 1,900 research operatives worldwide, the Technology organization occupies a special position within Siemens' R&D facilities. It functions as an international network of expertise and as a global partner for technology and innovations. Through its R&D activities in Germany, the USA, China, India, Russia and Eastern Europe, Technology helps secure the company's technological future and bolster its competitiveness.
Research in Digitalization & Automation (RDA) is at the heart of Siemens R&D. Its strong technology base makes it a strong in-house partner for innovation. We develop technologies with wide applicability for the Siemens Divisions and help them to successfully bring innovations to market. Our about 1,800 scientists at locations in North America, Europe, and Asia ensure the technological and innovative future of the company.
Our team has focus on developing innovative technologies in the field of simulations and digital twins. We are part of wider Simulation and Digital Twin research team where approaches such as physics-based data learning models, heterogenous computing architectures, AI / ML for the accelerated simulation, advanced visualization are primary research topics.
This is your role. What part will you play?
- Keeping abreast with the State of the art in Digital twin applications
- Research and development in manufacturing process simulation
- Research and development in using simulations and digital twins for improving sustainability
- Development of Proof of Concepts in areas related to sustainable manufacturing simulations
- Work on existing R&D projects with a focus on delivering results, help define future projects and help shape roadmaps for the technological area
- Collaborate, research, and publish findings at various internal and external forums
- Interact with customers to understand their pain points and suggest line of action
- Work closely with customers to deliver outstanding solutions in business projects and integrate them with customer workflows
We do not need superheroes, just super minds
- B.Tech / M.Tech in Mechanical engineering or equivalent with coding knowledge
- 3-5 years of experience in simulation and digital twin development of manufacturing process.
- Experience in utilizing mechanical engineering skills to analyze technical requirements and applying appropriate skill set to design and assemble CAD models using NX CAD or other similar solid modeling software’s like Creo and Autocad
- Mechanical-design fundamentals & problem-solving skills
- Ability to solve engineering problems using simple hand calculations as well as simulations
- Experience in manufacturing process simulation tools like Tecnomatix, Amesim 1D simulation and FEA tools like NX CAE and Nastran to solve Mechanical and Multiphysics problems.
- Knowledge on coding using Python and mathematical modelling using Matlab
- Knowledge on life cycle analysis and sustainability design principles
- Knowledge on basics of optimization is an added advantage
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Self-motivated and independent, but also comfortable with teamwork
- Focus on quality and result orientation
- Optimistic, can-do attitude
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuating diversity and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
Please find more information at: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/company/innovation/research-development.html
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability as we will use the data to review your suitability for the role.
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time