Siemens eMobility® solutions is shaping the market with innovative EV charging technologies. We are dedicated to driving an open and accessible market for electric vehicles, as well as planning and implementing secure grid connections to enable further growth of EV adoption.
The North American eMobility market is THE growth market transforming the mobility and energy industries. Siemens is a market leader in the electrification of transportation and we’re looking for top talent to join us in continuing to drive this industry forward. Joining our team, you will have the chance to work in a start-up like environment within a large corporation, combining the vast resources Siemens can provide with the agility and flexibility such a dynamic market requires.
Before our software developers write even a single line of code, they must understand what drives our customers. What is the environment? What is the user story based on? Implementation requires trying, testing, and improving outcomes until a final solution emerges. Knowledge promotes the sharing of expertise through discussions with colleagues from all over the world. Join our team and embrace our cutting-edge technology and innovation.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2022, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2022 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2022.
What will you do?
- System and software test engineer in the electromobility
- Create concept and design test strategy for DC charging unit
- Define and execute test cases according to system test specification
- Create concept and execute automated test approach for system as well as SW level test
- Closely work with responsible Test manager, Project manager and System architect to identify test requirements on component and system level.
- Work closely with engineering teams to discuss test results, to include collected data and observations
- Evaluate and review requirements in support of assigned projects to ensure requirements are clearly worded and verifiable and to determine acceptance criteria and verification method to be used to verify requirements.
- Develop and update Test Plans, Test Procedures and Test Reports in support of assigned projects.
- Analyze / specify test cases and implement them according to aligned rules
- Validate, whether newly implemented test corresponds with test concept and specification
- Implement specified test cases and integrate them into existed test libraries
- Perform execution of various component and system level test
- Prepare responsible test protocols and reports
- In case of any anomalies, prepare defect report and describe observed behavior
- Configure test tools according to test strategy
- Work on automated test solution
What will you need to succeed?
- Minimum of five years’ experience working in engineering environment with emphasis on hardware and/or software testing.
- Knowledge of the engineering lifecycle and requirements development and testing process
- Strong familiarity and working knowledge of various verification methods and test approaches to successfully verify requirements including development of test procedures and other test documentation
- Practical experience with test automation
- Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor or Masters in computer science or related field with 5-7 yrs of experience in embedded software development.
- Knowledge of electrical systems, specifically EV charging solutions is highly desired.
- Experience in Application development in C, Python for AM335X embedded platform.
- Embedded firmware development experience in 8, 16 and 32 bit microprocessor
- Experience in developing code for STM32 processors is highly desirable.
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Active across Canada, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Siemens brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. Through Mobility, a leading supplier of intelligent mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is helping to shape Canada’s passenger rail services. Via its majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, Siemens is also a leading supplier of medical technology and digital health services. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
Making a difference together we raised $385,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 38 non-profit organizations and planted 660 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Sur demande, Siemens Canada prendra des mesures d’accommodement raisonnables pour les personnes handicapées, dans le but de soutenir la participation des candidats dans tous les aspects du processus de recrutement. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.