Power grids - the ultimate engineering achievement of modern times. Behind the scenes is a massive flood of digital data, which enables utilities to plan, operate, and maintain their grids with a digitalized model of the physical world. With trends like decentralization, renewables and e-cars, this data is increasingly complex to manage and exchange.
Our mission is to bring the physical power grid in a digital twin world.
You will develop software solutions for our next generation Grid Management Software.
Join our amazing teams located in ODTU Teknokent in collaboration with international team setup located in Europe and North America.
You can prefer to work in partially remote model (hybrid).
We are seeking for numbers of software development engineers to develop Grid Management Software applications for shaping future of power grids.
Change the world with us!
What are my responsibilities?
· Working closely within international software development teams across global locations to research, analyze, design, develop, test, maintain and support web-based commercial application software for electrical power system modeling and analysis,
· Presenting creative behavior to develop applications and to select appropriate technical options,
· Demonstrate responsible behavior and share the outcome of the sprint for both success and failure situations,
· Analyzing and identifying problems within the software and designing improvements by considering solution alternatives such as repair, replace and refactor,
· Participating and supporting all software related activities (e.g. reviews, unit tests, and process improvements),
· Participating and proactively contributing to an agile environment according to SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) process,
· Taking ownerships in Siemens wide organizational roles to support working as One Global Team
What do I need to qualify for this job?
· B.S. and/or M.S. degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering (or similar fields),
· 4+ years, hands-on experience in software application development with web-based development technologies (Java, Spring Boot, Angular),
· Excellent understanding in object-oriented concepts, design patterns, data structures, algorithms, and software development principles,
· Knowledge of software application development in microservices architecture,
· Participation in software processes (e.g. backlog management, documentation, quality aspects) in a team of engineers from different domains,
· Familiarity with continuous integration, continuous deployment (CI/CD) concepts, tools and services (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes),
· Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as GIT,
· Understanding of clean and well documented code,
· Experience in designing, testing, developing, and monitoring complex software applications for web-based platforms
Preferable Additional skills/experiences (i.e. is a plus):
· Knowledge of Energy Domain - Power Systems concepts,
· Experience in working with message brokers, such as Apache Kafka,
· Experience in unit testing and other test types as well as enthusiasm for automated testing,
· Knowledge of Event Driven Development
· Experience in Software life cycle and agile methodologies (especially SAFe framework),
· Understanding of security concepts regarding web-based development,
· Experience in utilizing map-based web applications
· Experience in common identity service and integrations
· Experience or knowledge on WinCC OA and SW development with WinCC OA APIs,
· Experience in SCADA applications, SCADA Field Device Communications, real time data processing,
Desired Soft skills:
· Eager to learn new technologies, tools, and processes,
· Excellent target group-oriented communication of complex issues and interpersonal communication,
· Excellent problem solving and analytical skills,
· Strong self-organization including ability to work independently and manage time effectively,
· Teammate with highly collaborative, self-motivated, customer focused, positive, and upbeat attitude,
· Committed to quality oriented, tidy, and well documented business delivery,
· Able to facilitate the collaboration between Global and Local teams,
· Inspire the team with new ideas and visions and actively promote platform development,
· Comfortable interpreting and understanding initially unfamiliar concepts,
What else do I need to know?
· Good command of English is a must
· No restrictions for travelling abroad temporarily.
“At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds”
As Siemens we believe physical barriers are not related to potential. Only the potential matters to us. Therefore, we look forward to receive applications of candidates with physical barriers and chronic illnesses. We support healthy relationships between candidates with barriers and their colleagues because we believe we can create differences together.
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuating diversity and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of you ability as we will use the data to review your suitability to the role.
Please find more information from our web site:
If you need more information please don't hesitate to contact us.
+90 216 459 20 00
Company: Siemens Sanayi ve Ticaret Anonim Sirketi
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time