Do you want to join us in helping to fight the world’s most threatening diseases and enabling access to care for more people around the world? At Siemens Healthineers, we pioneer breakthroughs in healthcare. For everyone. Everywhere.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment with opportunities to go beyond your comfort zone in order to grow personally and professionally. Sound interesting? Then come and join our global team as Senior Staff Biostatistician, Pre-Market Biostatistics.
Our global team: We are a team of 66,000 highly dedicated employees across more than 70 countries passionately pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in healthcare to help improve people’s lives around the world. As a leader in the industry, we aspire to create better outcomes and experiences for patients no matter where they live or what health issues they are facing. Our portfolio, spanning from in-vitro and in-vivo diagnostics to image-guided therapy and innovative cancer care, is crucial for clinical decision-making and treatment pathways.
Our culture: We are part of an incredible community of scientists, clinicians, developers, researchers, professionals, and skilled specialists pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, to improve people’s lives around the world. We embrace a culture of inclusivity in which the power and potential of every individual can be unleashed. We spark ideas that lead to positive impact and continued success. Check our Careers Site at https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/en-us/careers.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Staff Biostatistician, Pre-Market Biostatistics, you will be responsible for:
1. Developing and applying statistical analysis strategies, in collaboration with internal and external partners responsible for evidence generation and verification protocols, to demonstrate value of key medical diagnostic products. Developing and innovating solutions to novel clinical science problems that utilize data obtained from controlled clinical trials and/or real-world data sources to verify and validate performance claims on new diagnostic assays.
2. Working cross-functionally with internal and external partners to deliver scientifically and statistically valid evidence obtained from registrational and non-registrational studies.
3. Serving as a subject matter expert on product development teams in statistical analysis of analytical and clinical studies. Ensuring development of rigorous study designs and analysis plans, define clear and attainable statistical and scientific endpoints that demonstrate value locally and globally; determine best ways to present data to maximize interpretation and value to customers
4. Communicating updates to internal and external stakeholders; participating in internal and external meetings or forums.
5. Staying current with advances in statistical methods, applications, and regulatory requirements
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with Healthineers
• Strong knowledge of statistical theory, experimental design and clinical trial methodologies, linear and nonlinear modeling, categorical and non-parametric methods, survival analysis, and associated sample size calculations. Familiarity with diagnostic clinical trial statistics is required.
• Proficiency in statistical programming (SAS, R) and query of relational database systems (SQL). Certifications in SAS programming a plus.
• Experience with extraction of data and reporting within Clinical Data Management systems (e.g., Medidata RAVE, Medrio, Oracle Clinical).
• Ability to understand scientific questions and formulate statistical and data-analytic methods to provide solution to novel problems.
• Familiar with FDA guidelines and CLSI guidelines applicable to medical diagnostics is required.
• Experience with analysis of complex data from multiple sources.
• Ability to work independently and in project teams. Highly motivated and driven to exceed expectations.
• Strong communication skills in English, written and spoken. Strong ability for public speaking in audiences with mixed backgrounds. Able to distill complex statistical concepts in simpler terms to generalized audiences
Required skills to have for the success of this role:
• Masters degree or Ph. D. in Statistics or Biostatistics. Exceptional candidates with other STEM degrees bridging biological science, will be considered.
• At least 10 years’ experience supporting analytical and clinical verification and validation studies within the in vitro diagnostics industry.
• Strong knowledge and demonstrated experience in statistical modeling and simulation, clinical trial study design, statistical programming (SAS), and data wrangling.
Demonstrated progressive responsibility and statistical expertise to support analytical and clinical verification studies from planning through regulatory submission.
The pay range for this position in NYC or Westchester County, NY is $142,930-168,000 annually; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The annual incentive target is (10%) of base pay. Siemens Healthineers offers a variety of health and wellness benefits including paid time off and holiday pay. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: https://benefitsatshs.com/index.html
This information is provided per the required state Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Siemens Healthineers external or internal careers site.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
Beware of Job Scams
Please beware of potentially fraudulent job postings or suspicious recruiting activity by persons that are currently posing as Siemens Healthineers recruiters/employees. These scammers may attempt to collect your confidential personal or financial information. If you are concerned that an offer of employment with Siemens Healthineers might be a scam or that the recruiter is not legitimate, please verify by searching for the posting on the Siemens Healthineers Career Site.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.