Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
We are a collection of over 372, 000 minds building the future, one day
at a time. Together, we create technologies that take society further.
We’re looking for people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our Digital Industries Division as a Manufacturing Product Engineer and help us re-imagine the world by finding solutions and making the world a smarter place for tomorrow.
The position takes advantage our “new ways of working” allowing for both office and home working, providing personal flexibility whilst ensuring we achieve world-class business performance and productivity.
It’s incredibly important that our people enjoy working here and therefore we take great pride in having a friendly, helpful, and engaging culture. We also appreciate that development and training is important to many and that’s why we have a supportive environment which invests in our employee’s development, whether that’s Chartership, training or mentoring.
Feel free to click on this link to see what it’s like to work here; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vmmNjaEr04.
The Manufacturing Product Engineer is responsible for the design, planning, adoption, and support of electro-mechanical product assembly processes within our electronics manufacturing facility, producing over 600,000 industrial power/control products per year. A fast-paced, dynamic, and technology driven environment, where you must balance business performance management and improvement, with cutting edge digitisation and automation innovation planning and adoption.
This is a role well-suited to an ambitious professional looking for a broader project management experience within diverse teams and enhanced product families as the next step in their career.
This is your role. What part will you play?
· Maximising business performance, through the ownership of core manufacturing production processes with the emphasis on process Quality, Cost, Delivery and Safety.
· Ensuring world class process performance through the successful deployment of reliable, repeatable, and efficient production tooling and equipment. This must include considerations such as machine data analysis and visualisation, and robust maintenance procedures.
· Definition and realisation of product assembly sequences which currently include both traditional documentation methods, through to our next generation of technological guidance solutions.
· Working both independently, and as part of a highly collaborative teams, to create and deliver innovative manufacturing process technologies
· Supporting the introduction of new product portfolios, and the continuous improvement of existing products through effective change control management.
· Supporting wider manufacturing improvement initiatives that are aimed at increasing factory capability through Lean methodologies
· Challenging the status quo regarding manufacturing methodologies and technologies especially with regards to the scouting, planning, deployment, and sustainability of disruptive digitalisation and automation technologies.
Use your skills to move the world forward.
· Degree, or equivalent, in Engineering, Mechatronics, Automation or a similar discipline
· The application of problem solving and critical thinking techniques to ensure that production processes are continually operating at world class levels of efficiency and utilisation.
· Proven experience within a manufacturing environment, focusing on the end-to-end product assembly processes for example electro-mechanical fixing technologies, packing, etc.
· The ability to adopt and develop core technologies within product assembly processes, with the opportunity to developing into a globally recognised technology expert
· A natural flair for innovation entrepreneurship with an appetite for emerging technologies and digitalisation.
· Ability to work under pressure and offer thought leadership in challenging situations
· Industrial Control Automation experience, for example Siemens S7 PLC / TIA is advantageous.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants. See our flexibility culture https://new.siemens.com/uk/en/company/jobs/life-at-siemens/flexibleworking.html.
We have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. If you require any reasonable adjustments to be made to enable you to participate in the recruitment process, please let us know via our FAQ section https://new.siemens.com/uk/en/company/jobs/faq.html.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time