>>THIS IS A REMOTE POSITION<<
Who We Are | Our Culture:
Siemens Smart Infrastructure connects energy systems and buildings to adapt and evolve the way we live and work through high-profile construction and infrastructure projects such as airports, pharmaceutical plants, data centers, stadiums, universities, military bases, and hospitals.
We live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Siemens provides a range of engineering and consulting services to wide-footprint, enterprise clients who seek to advance their energy, sustainability, and decarbonization objectives. As a Sustainability Consultant on our strategy team, your role will be client-facing and you will lead and support efforts to help clients evaluate sustainability goals, measure performance, and define strategies and programs. The successful candidate will focus on the following primary activities and projects:
- Develop decarbonization plans and strategic analyses designed to help customers visualize pathways to achieving their sustainability goals
- Incorporate insight obtained from customer meetings, engineering studies, market research, and public frameworks (e.g., SBTi, CDP, The Climate Group, etc.) into the strategic planning process
- Develop and manage client GHG emissions inventories, voluntary and regulatory report submittals, carbon accounting guidance, and carbon/sustainability protocol analysis
- Lead and participate in client workshops related to sustainability and decarbonization strategy, stakeholder prioritization and materiality assessments, and sustainability data management planning
- Preparing reports, presentations, and other documents for client deliverables
- Support sales process. Engage directly with clients throughout the sales process to support sales and business development efforts; develop client proposals for a range of sustainability and emissions management services and projects.
- Commit to furthering status as a subject matter expert by reaming up to date on sustainability and carbon management industry trends
- Actively engage in industry organizations and/or NGOs, serving as a Siemens ambassador and thought leader
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
The candidate will have prior experience and technical expertise with GHG emissions inventory development and protocols and industry recognized emissions reporting programs and platforms. The individual will have experience working as a consultant or within a corporate environment developing sustainability strategies and programs. Other skills and experience include:
- Possess a passion for sustainability
- Experience with proposal development
- Experience with sales and/or sales management
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Excellent analytical skills, and experience with energy, carbon, and sustainability reporting methodologies
- Significant understanding for public decarbonization commitment programs
- An ability to manage a variety of projects at any one time
- Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored authorization
BS/BA in related discipline, advanced degree in sustainability-related field preferred.
Travel Percentage: 15% to 20%
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.