Job Description: Senior Software Engineer – Mendix
Together we make the difference
Siemens Mobility is an independent managed company of Siemens AG. Its core business includes rail vehicles, rail automation and electrification solutions, turnkey systems, intelligent road traffic technology and related services.
The Information Technology (IT) department has the global responsibility for the internal IT of Siemens Mobility. Its goal is to provide a robust and efficient IT landscape derived from business and market demands.
Your personality and individuality make the difference. In our team, we increase business performance and point the way into the digital age.
Is that exactly your thing? Then live your passion in a cross-location team in which you can actively shape the future of our company. You open up new possibilities for our customers with your competence. Connected with this is an exciting career path that leads you to ever new projects and solutions in the field of IT for Siemens Mobility.
Here's where you make the difference
The Mobility IT DevOps Center is responsible for the entire software development lifecycle. Starting from ideation to requirements engineering, development, deployment to handover and operations. We provide professional application services to our users of Siemens Mobility worldwide. We support our business units by managing the services for different web applications, both internally and externally hosted (Software as a Service).
Your task is to design and develop complex solutions based on the Low-Code platform Mendix. You will be part of an agile team working on various projects and services throughout their entire lifecycle. This also includes supporting Citizen Developers on their journey of building value adding Mendix applications by providing them with best practices, quality standards and consultation for technical topics. With your knowledge and expertise, you are shaping the Mendix landscape within Siemens Mobility and directly impact the sustainable success of Mendix.
- You will design and develop complex customer-specific and (inter-)connected applications by using the Mendix Platform.
- You will be responsible for the implementation of requirements beginning to end, from mock-ups, implementation, review, testing, debugging to deployment.
- As part of a cross-functional agile team, you will communicate and work with both IT and business colleagues requiring the ability of translating business to IT requirements.
- Your solid communication skills enable you to collaboratively enhance applications in iterative release cycles.
- You will apply best practices, guidelines and quality standards to ensure the development of high-quality and scalable applications.
- You will proactively take up and master relevant new concepts and technologies going beyond your previous experience.
- You have analytical capabilities, are a strong logical thinker, learn quickly and organize yourself and your work properly.
- You will document application logic, integrations and other relevant components in manuals and handover applications to Operations.
- You will support Citizen Developers in terms of technical questions and share your knowledge about best practices and quality standards.
- You will also support to operate future applications in conjunction with our internal and external business partners.
What do I bring with me?
- You have 5 to 8 years of experience and successfully finished studies in computer science or comparable qualification with corresponding additional skills.
- Alternatively, you have already long experiences and training as an IT specialist and have already gained many years of subject-specific professional experience.
- You have 3+ years excellent knowledge on Mendix, preferably Mendix 8 and 9.
- You have excellent skills in developing and maintaining web applications – ideally based on Java or a similar traditional approach to software development.
- You have excellent skill in Elasticsearch and its implementations.
- You are experienced with forms, domain models, (non-persistent) entities, nano- & microflows, transactions, security concepts, XPath constraints and user roles in Mendix.
- You are experienced with the integration of other systems and commonly used technologies like REST and SOAP.
- Capability to analyze source code and reading web application development languages as well as SQL queries is preferred.
- Additional know how using JSON and AJAX is preferred.
- Knowledge in integration with common systems like SAP or SnowFlake is preferred.
- Basic knowledge in web security and cyber security.
- Documentation and maintaining of knowledge bases.
- You are willing to travel several weeks to Europe.
- If you also have fluent knowledge of Business English (Level C1), are highly self-motivated and are able to think in a customer-oriented way, then you are qualified to join us in our team!
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
- Competitive compensation
- An opportunity to craft the future of autonomous systems
- Extraordinary researchers and engineers as team members
- We are an equal opportunity employer and embrace diversity
This role is based in Pune. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit, and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about mobility at: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/products/mobility.html and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow ‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time