Role : Network Test Developer
The world never stands still. And new challenges arise every day. With a passion for questioning things, for supplying ideas, and intelligently driving things forward we are helping society move towards a more intelligent future. Be it with technologies that reduce carbon emissions in cities or hyperintelligent robots. This is how we are able, to tackle the most important projects and push them forward together. Help us shape the future.
With our innovative and integrated technology we support our customers in continuously improving the reliability, safety, and efficiency of products, processes and plants.
Can you help us shape the future? We’re looking for dedicated people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow Network Test Developer team and help us create the technology that will transform entire industries, cities and even countries.
Change the future with us and What are my responsibilities?
Perform functional stress performance and interoperability testing on IP routers, Ethernet switches, control applications and/or network management systems
Responsible for the competency development, performance management to ensure high quality deliverables with required productivity levels.
• Develop and execute product / feature specification test plans
• Provide requirements and specifications needs for development of the software test automation tool and its functional review
• Provide Tier 3 customer support as required; Troubleshoot issues to ensure timely remedy of customer concerns
• Review and provide input to the product requirements and feature specifications, as a representative on a cross-functional team
• Writing and reviewing application notes and product literature
• Aiding development of software test automation tool that interacts with switches and routers Qualifications:
▪ Minimum of 3 to 5 years in a Product Development environment, primarily in industrial communication
▪ University or college degree in internetworking, computer science, electronics engineering or science
▪ Experience in configuring Routers, Switches and Firewalls,
▪ Knowledge of Layer 2 technologies: RSTP/MSTP, IGMP, VLAN, 802.1x authentication, DHCP, Ethernet, Link Aggregation
▪ Knowledge of Layer 3 technologies: Frame Relay, PPP, channelized interfaces, OSPF, BGP, RIP, MPLS,VRF, PIM-SM, SNMP, VRRP, QoS, IPv6, Tunneling protocols
▪ Knowledge of Security protocols: IPsec-VPN, TLS, Radius, Firewall, Intrusion detection and prevention system
▪ Knowledge of OSI Model and TCP/IP protocol stack
▪ Programming Languages: Perl, PHP, C, Java or similar an asset
▪ Configuring Linux systems experience an asset
▪ Software development experience an asset
▪ Strong verbal and written English communication skills
▪ Ability to work in a team environment
• Establish SW engineering/technical practices within teams to ensure SW Excellence, Technical agility (Design for testability, test practices, Test strategy and tools)
• Establish Product Delivery Strategy and Ensure RCAs are done for Critical Issues/instances.
• Develop strong measures to reduce the recurrence of such Defects/ Issu
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Bangalore. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us craft tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time