Are you a free thinking and eager college or A-Level student? Join our Academy programme and see for yourself how it differs from any other. Could this be the next exciting step in your career? If yes, start your academy programme with us at Siemens!
This is your chance to learn about how our work impacts everyday life across the world and you could be there at the centre of that work. From learning how a line of code develops into millions of downloads, to exploring the depths and heights of our varying transport projects, build your skills and see how you can be here with us, at the forefront of the 4th industrial revolution!
As a Finance and Commercial Academy Student, you will find yourself at the heart of our company, gaining real life work experience from day one. This will give broad commercial skills, money in the bank and plenty of opportunities to develop your career, based at one of our many sites across the UK.
Embark on three 12-month placements in our different UK businesses, while working towards a professional qualification and a Level 7 Apprenticeship in Finance and Accounting. Together, we’ll build an individual training plan to help you develop the specific skills and knowledge. By the end of the scheme, you will be ready for your professional career in Siemens.
- Roll your sleeves up on your placements to gain experience of our different business units
- Work towards a CIMA/ACCA qualification alongside your work placements
- Take part in the Siemens Academy Development Programme to develop soft skills like team working, digital skills, project management and communication
We are looking for innovative and inquisitive candidates that demonstrate the following:
- Acquired or be on track to achieve 3 A Levels (or BTEC equivalent) at grade C or above.
- Keen interest in Finance, Business and/or Maths.
- You are up for traveling as part of this rotational position. We want you to experience the different sites and areas of Siemens, so each 12-month placement may be in a different location.
- Experience of working within a finance related department would be advantageous but not essential.
- You think logically, willing to self-learn and research, and take a forward-thinking approach to problem solving
- You can work independently, safely and responsibly; take ownership of challenges and ideas and are looking advance your ability to drive and lead change
- You enjoy collaborating with others to find innovative solutions
What else do I need to know?
Alongside your role, the Academy development programme will teach softer skills such as communication, teamwork, commercial awareness, digitalisation and innovation. We also offer plenty of opportunity to progress your career whilst offering a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
We’re looking for hardworking team players with the aptitude and growth-mindset to succeed in the world of Business and Finance. Apply now and join Europe’s leading engineering and technology company.
The total rewards' package for this role includes a competitive salary which increases throughout your programme. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit your individual needs.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all applicants to encourage agile working, flexibility and innovation.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Organization: Country Functions & Departments
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time