- Enhance our existing suite of constraint-solver algorithms to support internal constraint-solver users who are developing our external applications.
- Interact with internal constraint-solver-user teams to clarify functional requirements and priorities.
- Work with constraint-solver colleagues to evolve the architecture of constraint-solver subsystems.
- Develop and debug a high-quality implementation of the architecture.
- Work with QA Engineers, providing archetypal tests and written feedback on their test plans.
- Debug problems reported by internal user teams and implement improvements to prevent similar issues from arising.
- Design and conduct performance experiments, analyze performance data and design/implement optimizations as appropriate.
- A graduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Applied Mathematics or a related discipline is preferred, but strong candidates with other academic preparation will be considered.
- At least five years of software engineering experience is required.
- A strong background in algorithms and data structures is required.
- Facility with combinatorial mathematics and algorithms is a plus.
- C++ development skills are required.
- Experience developing large, high-performance, multi-threaded and distributed software is a plus.
- Experience using software development tools including debuggers (e.g. gdb), source control (e.g. git), quality enhancement (e.g. valgrind), and build/test automation (e.g. make) is a plus.
- Must be a quick learner with strong analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Must facilitate teamwork by working together with colleagues in the office.
- Seeking a goal-oriented individual with excellent communication skills.
Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.