Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2022
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for
Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
This position requires the coordination and delivery of multiple, simultaneous fire and life safety projects of various complexities. The Project Manager has fiscal responsibility for all project facets, including project billing, job cost reporting, and overall customer satisfaction.
- Maintain documentation for project booking packages, ensuring that packages are complete and kept up to date.
- Schedule and attend project turnover meetings and record important project details.
- Maintain billing and collections documentation; communicate issues to the project management team.
- Create purchase requisitions for subcontracts. Complete subcontract agreements and bond documents.
- Create a monthly snapshot for all projects and identify changes in planned costs.
- Review project specifications, drawings and project-specific documents to establish project intent.
- Develop and maintain a project schedule and coordinate needs with the project team. Identify time-sensitive installation needs.
- Review plans and specifications and participate in project cost reviews.
- Track resources and project progress.
- Document project events that impact the schedule, scope of work, and project efficiency.
- Pursue project-specific change-order opportunities.
- Coordinate and pursue project-specific billing, coordinate with Accounting team and Operations Manager.
- Complete project-specific close-out documentation.
- Effectively manage and coordinate subcontractors to meet scope, scheduling, and financial requirements.
- Track timesheet submittals for projects and ensure all timesheets are submitted before month-end.
- For projects set to close, ensure they do not have unissued material, are 100% billed, and do not contain committed costs.
- Opportunity to move into Associates Project Manager (APM) with the end goal of becoming a Project Manager (PM).
- High school diploma or state-recognized GED
- Notary commission, preferred
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to read and understand contract documentation
- Familiarity or experience with HVAC/Fire Alarm/Security systems preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and business software systems (e.g., SAP)
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United State
- Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.