The purchasing operator is responsible for all purchasing activities within their assigned supplier and/or operational scope. The purchasing operator is tasked with ensuring the quality of the procurement data/information that is being transmitted to the supplier and internally to other functions. Critical to achieving success in this role is a deep understanding of relevant policies, processes, systems, and communication tools. The purchasing operator reports into the purchasing supervisor or manager (if applicable).
The objective of the purchasing operator is to execute orders that consistent with business requirements (materials and services) according to Siemens Procurement…
Job responsibilities and activities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Reviewing purchase requisitions for completeness and accuracy; working with requisitioners to improve PR quality, coaching requisitioners to improve process execution.
- Transaction-specific supplier negotiations and alerting strategic procurement colleagues (commodity managers and field procurement) of potential cost reduction opportunities.
- Timely conversion of purchase requisitions into purchase orders, communication of purchase orders to suppliers, supplier follow-up on order confirmations and availability, expected delivery dates, and suppler expediting.
- Internal customer communication to purchase order status.
- Identification of master data quality issues.
- Closure of unprocessed PO´s that are no longer valid, maintenance to purchase orders to ensure correctness and resolve payment issues.
- Creation of return purchase orders to support material return process.
- Retaining all relevant documentation according to the policy.
- Backup support of the purchasing operators.
- Participating on educational opportunities to expand job-relevant knowhow and skillset.
- Follow the siemens policies.
- Contribute to the procurement mission and company objectives.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- College Degree.
- 3 years or more working as an operational buyer.
- Computer skills a must – Microsoft Office, File management.
- SAP experience – Purchasing - related Modules (MM).
- Supply Management, Vendor Relationships, Purchase Contract Execution.
- Detail oriented, accurate, and organized.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in Spanish and English.
- Customer service approach – responsive and thorough.
- Self-directed – ability to work independently (supervised remotely).
- Collaborative – ability to work internal within team members and with other functions to solve problems effectively.
- Professional Certification in Procurement or Supply Chain (e.g., ISM - CPM, CPSM) are a plus.