Do you want to join us in helping to fight the world’s most threatening diseases and enabling access to care for more people around the world? At Siemens Healthineers, we pioneer breakthroughs in healthcare. For everyone. Everywhere.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment with opportunities to go beyond your comfort zone in order to grow personally and professionally. Sound interesting? Then come and join our global team as a Laboratory Technician 2 our Newark, Delaware location.
Our global team: We are a team of 66,000 highly dedicated employees across more than 70 countries passionately pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in healthcare to help improve people’s lives around the world. As a leader in the industry, we aspire to create better outcomes and experiences for patients no matter where they live or what health issues they are facing. Our portfolio, spanning from in-vitro and in-vivo diagnostics to image-guided therapy and innovative cancer care, is crucial for clinical decision-making and treatment pathways.
Our culture: We are part of an incredible community of scientists, clinicians, developers, researchers, professionals, and skilled specialists pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, to improve people’s lives around the world. We embrace a culture of inclusivity in which the power and potential of every individual can be unleashed. We spark ideas that lead to positive impact and continued success. Check our Careers Site at https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/en-us/careers.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) background check clearance is required. This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Laboratory Technician 4, you will be responsible for:
- Formulation and testing reagents and calibrators for Atellica, Syva, Advia, Immulite and OEM product lines.
- Following area procedures and manufacturing work instructions.
- Proper documentation of production steps in batch records by following Good Documentation Practices.
- Complying with the quality system and regulatory agencies: FDA, DEA, ISO, OSHA, etc.
- Interaction with cross functional teams including Technical Operations, R&D, Planning, etc.
- Partnership with support personnel to troubleshoot formulation processes.
- Operation of manufacturing equipment.
- Working independently and as part of a team.
- Supporting continuous improvement initiatives in the formulation area.
- Identifying problems as they occur and suggesting appropriate steps to solve them in situations where the problem is not difficult or complex.
- Seeking advice and guidance on non-routine or problem areas from others.
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Chemistry or Biochemistry or related discipline preferred with minimum 3 years of experience working in a Laboratory setting.
- 10 years relevant experience working in a Laboratory setting will be considered in lieu of a Bachelor's degree.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.