We make real what matters
Siemens Smart Infrastructure intelligently connects energy systems, buildings, and industries. We help our customers to thrive, communities to progress and support sustainable development to protect our planet for the next generation. Join our team of about 380 000 colleagues around the globe and help us creating environments that care.
Siemens is primed for future growth, redefining Smart Buildings, and bringing game changing IoT software technology into buildings. We are looking for the brightest minds to help drive that transformation. Our IoT platform for smart buildings with groundbreaking cloud applications, collects data in real-time and we are building exciting use cases for our clients as part of our newly formed Digital Buildings IoT software team.
About the Role: The SSWA drives and guides the specification and implementation of a software (SW) architecture for a project with high business impact on a business unit or division, e.g., an architecture for a SW product line, a large SW integration project, or a high-risk SW project. He/she ensures the sustainability and integrity of his/her architecture vision over all its domain and technical aspects over the product's entire lifetime. His/her decisions are driven by a clear focus on the intended business and its associated requirements. The SSWA is guided by maturity, vision, depth of domain and technical experience and the ability to identify, analyze, and decide on relevant issues in time and with courage, even without complete information. The SSWA leads, guides, coaches, and motivates the architects and developers in his/her team over the entire lifetime of a project to enable, support, and enforce an appropriate implementation, quality assurance, test, maintenance, and evolution of the SW architectures, even in the face of challenging, changing, and evolving business cases, requirements, realization technologies, and other forces e.g., strategic changes approaching the project. Before taking important decisions, e.g., regarding the fundamental (technological) vision of an architecture or any aspects that are costly to change, he/she involves the relevant senior, project, and product managers in the decision-making process
At Siemens Building Products, we value diversity of thought, by asking tough questions and committing ourselves to solutions - we perform best when we consider different opinions and backgrounds. Join our newly created team to develop the solutions of tomorrow!
Specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Product ownership, support of product management, and bridging the gaps between product management and technical teams.
- Determine the (SW) technology roadmap for (SW) products & platforms
- Scan for innovations and relevant technologies; assessment of their feasibility
- Derive SW (platform) requirements
- Define external SW interfaces
- Adjust SW requirements with the long-term product line vision
- Prove (SW) feasibility especially regarding platform
- Define SW platform- / product line- architecture
- Assess SW architecture especially against platform requirements
- Define architecture and design principles, especially for platform use
- Establish platform traceability
- Identification and specification of interfaces
- Continuous architecture management, monitoring of internal software quality and
- Drive the architecture process and define and enforce development guidelines
- Define the development tool chain and landscape
- Drive a strategy for handling open source
- Mentor SW Architects
- Control platform integration
- Define SW platform integration concept
- Identify and prevent general architecture quality issues
- Degree in Computer science, electrical engineering, or related field
- Has minimum of 10+ years of experience in successfully working as an architect in product development.
- International work experience and global development.
- SW Design Methods, e.g. OOA/OOD/UML, Design Patterns, refactoring/rewriting/reengineering (expert).
- Reuse strategies, incl. communality/variability analysis and business case estimation
- Software coding languages, technologies and tools (advanced-expert), C/C++ is a must.
- SW test design, selection and automation methods (advanced).
- Configuration and Change Request Management (advanced).
- Estimation and prioritization methods (advanced-expert).
- Lean & Agile SW development (advanced)
- Architectural governance and Guidance (expert)
- Standards, Regulations, Legal issues (advanced)
- Leadership (advanced)
- Social Skills (advanced)
- You are highly accomplished at communicating across all levels of an organization to both technical and executive audiences, whether spontaneous on a whiteboard or using presentations and demonstrations.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.