The Accounting Business Partner for the SFS Business Unit Commercial Finance (COF) is part of the accounting organization of SFS Americas and reports to the Head of Company Accounting for SFS Americas (SFS AC PF AM CA). The position holder is an experienced business and financial analyst with strong financial services accounting background.
The individual serves as the bridge and interface between COF and the accounting organization to support new products and non-routine transactions, to explain the accounting impact of such transactions and to analyze and present the financial performance to the business unit. The business partner drives digitalization initiatives for the accounting organization of SFS Americas.
- Be the bridge between the accounting organization and business unit COF explaining accounting effects; supporting new product initiatives and validating financial results against business developments
- Present financial results in the monthly P/L reviews. This includes a deep analysis of accounting effects and connecting them with major deals and the overall development of the business unit
- Interact proactively with the CFO organization of business unit COF. Stay on top of business developments and connect them to the financial results. Be able to explain non-routine transactions and coordinate their accounting treatment
- Interact routinely and proactively with accounting colleagues in SFS Americas and in SFS Head Office to evaluate completeness and correctness of bookings and to support the accounting for non-routine transactions
- Utilize digitalization solutions to achieve efficiency, quality and productivity improvements; be an active contributor to SFS key projects such as OneGL (S/4 Hana transition), data lake, and digitalization / visualization of financial reporting
- Drive standardization and improvements across closing processes within a harmonized SFS AC process house, support the conceptional setup of contract management systems and contribute to the definition of processes and internal controls over financial reporting
- Facilitate external and internal audit requests. Provide information and comfort relating to financial reporting and accounting data and assist in the preparation of management reporting and business review meetings. Develop other ad-hoc reports as requested
- Being a proven change agent in driving projects, being comfortable with a fast-paced environment and change, willing to lead and put forth new insights that think critically of the processes to help further advance the unit
- Ability to understand broad based accounting, controlling and financial concepts, ability to explain and present financial results and to align the business development with financial results, strong communication skills
- B. S. Accounting
- 6 years of proven experience in a financial institution or within a different Siemens entity or audit/ consulting experience.
- Having a customer focus mind to support the business unit with all questions relating to accounting for its investment portfolio and non-routine/significant business transactions and relating to new product development
- Strong analytical skills including tool skills such as database technologies, Tableau, Knime or similar applications, experience in driving digitization concepts (software robots, data lake, etc.) to implementation
- Strong working knowledge of financial reporting standards (ideally IFRS, US GAAP) or Siemens Financial reporting guidelines, especially leasing (lessor accounting) and financial instruments accounting
- Experience in or knowledge of contract management systems, general ledger and sub-ledger systems (SAP preferred) and management reporting systems (Hyperion Financial Management or others)
Organization: Siemens Financial Services
Company: Siemens Financial Services, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.