DoD SkillBridge Internship – System Specialist Automation– Solutions (Baltimore, MD)
This opportunity is unique to active-duty US Military Service members with formal approval to participate as a SkillBridge Intern in collaboration with Vets2PM's authorized DoD SkillBridge Intern program as an Associate Project Manager or Project Manager.
Desired Military Experience, Backgrounds and/or Aptitude:
Civil Engineering (HVAC & Electrician)
Automation/Integration Technicians & Specialists
Fire Control Navaids
Submarine Electronics/Computer Techs
Avionics Systems & more!
About our Smart Buildings:
Because we spend 90% of our lives in buildings, they should be perfect places for all we do. Smart buildings enhance the experience. Interacting with people, systems, and ambient elements, they learn from experience and real-time input. Using intelligent control, security, and energy management systems, we help factories and offices better support the industries they house. We help schools, hospitals, data centers, and military bases have a great impact – all while increasing comfort, efficiency, resilience, and safety. Our Smart Buildings help to create efficient, safe, responsive, and responsible environments. Our aim isn’t just about improving buildings; it’s about creating perfect places that improve peoples’ lives.
Lead the charge as a member of our Smart Infrastructure Project Management Team:
As a SkillBridge Intern as a Technicians/Specialists are the people that (for Service) gather data, troubleshoot, and carries-out critical maintenance and repairs; or (for Solutions) install new equipment, run start-up, and commission systems in our customers’ HVAC/Building Automation, Fire/Life Safety, or Integrated Security systems in large commercial buildings such as hospitals, universities, and military bases. Why is this so important? The Technician/Specialist is the face of Siemens, and your expertise and regular interaction with the customer will help them save energy, money, and create a more sustainable future for our environment.
Network Technologies: Assist with data back-up from data servers and the creation of automated back-up procedures. Support troubleshooting and resolution of inconsistencies in the functions or sequence of operations. Assist with the set-up and configuration of PC workstations and user interfaces. Support the confirmation of proper network performance.
Operational Testing, Verification, and Acceptance: Run routine reports to review system operation. Participate in final inspection and testing. Support customer acceptance. Assist with customer training on system operations. Complete and submit routine written reports. Provide plans and control system documents to engineering for as-built drawings.
Project Site Communication and Coordination: May support others in the scheduling of trade contractors to coordinate startup services.
- U.S. Military experience as an E4 or above (Navy, Air Force, Army, Marines, Coast Guard, Space Force, National Guard, Reserves
- High school diploma or state-recognized GED; Associate degree preferred
- Experience installing and servicing electronic control or HVAC equipment; 1+ years preferred
- Proven electro-mechanical aptitude (based on previous experience and/or education) and user PC/software skill
- Ability to read and understand design and construction documents
- Ability to work in a variety of circumstances, including climbing ladders, scaffolds, and high-lift equipment; working in ducts, crawl spaces, roofs, basements, above ceilings, and in outside/inside/heat/cold/day/night conditions
- Must be able to differentiate types/colors of wire
- Must be able to use hand tools, laptop, email, smartphone, and tablet
- Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 75 pounds unassisted
- Ability to work in a team environment providing dedicated support to our customers
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States
- Must be 21 years of age and possess a valid driver's license with limited violations
Why work for Siemens as a SkillBridge Intern?
You will gain hands-on experience during your internship and will have the opportunity to join (upon successful completion of the internship) one of the world's largest and best-known companies as acknowledged in 2022 by:
Fortune: World's Most Admired Companies
Forbes: America's Best Large Employers, America's Best Employers for Diversity, and Best Employers for New Graduates
Fast Company: Most Innovative Companies and World Changing Ideas Awards
Corporate Equality Index: Best Places to Work for LGBTQ+ Equality
We offer our full-time employees (post-SkillBridge) an excellent benefits/compensation package, growth/learning/development opportunities, and a diverse/inclusive culture where everyone plays their part and makes an impact for our team and our customers.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-Time temporary
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.