Do you want to join us in helping to fight the world’s most threatening diseases and enabling access to care for more people around the world? At Siemens Healthineers, we pioneer breakthroughs in healthcare. For everyone. Everywhere.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment with opportunities to go beyond your comfort zone in order to grow personally and professionally. Sound interesting? Then come and join our global team as Senior Director, Procurement (Ultrasound).
Our global team: We are a team of 66,000 highly dedicated employees across more than 70 countries passionately pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in healthcare to help improve people’s lives around the world. As a leader in the industry, we aspire to create better outcomes and experiences for patients no matter where they live or what health issues they are facing. Our portfolio, spanning from in-vitro and in-vivo diagnostics to image-guided therapy and innovative cancer care, is crucial for clinical decision-making and treatment pathways.
Our culture: We are part of an incredible community of scientists, clinicians, developers, researchers, professionals, and skilled specialists pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, to improve people’s lives around the world. We embrace a culture of inclusivity in which the power and potential of every individual can be unleashed. We spark ideas that lead to positive impact and continued success. Check our Careers Site at https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/en-us/careers.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious
professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Senior Director, Procurement (Ultrasound), you will be responsible for:
· You will be chartered with developing a sourcing strategy aligned with specific business needs, building a strong functional organization, establishing best practices, negotiating global agreements with preferred suppliers, identifying, and driving continuous improvement initiatives.
· You report directly to the Head of Global Strategic Procurement organization for Siemens Healthineers and In-Country to the Head of SCM.
· You will be responsible for Strategic Procurement Globally for Ultrasound Manufacturing Sites, which includes all direct material purchases and all supplier selections (Supply Base approx. 500, includes Tier 1, 2 & 3 Suppliers), for delivering US Solutions.
· Leading US team of 9-10 direct reports to deliver key commodity performance indicators, including: costs savings, supplier rationalization, low-cost region sourcing, risk management, purchased volume under agreement, joint innovation, supplier performance, etc. This includes also global responsibilities for Ultrasound Procurement Korea with around 15 employees.
This position may suit you best if you are familiar
with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with
· You have driven and executed on multiple and competing projects with demanding deadlines.
· You have shown understanding of the importance of process improvements and "digitalization" changing internal processes and people management requirements.
· You are passionate about the Ultrasound business and have a proven track record of motivating people through your leadership and authenticity within your own team and cross-functionally while striving towards shared company goals.
· You have advanced knowledge of SAP, Supply Chain Management, and Lean Management (or HPS).
Required skills to have for the success of this role
· Bachelor’s degree in Business, Industrial Engineering, or similar education. Advanced degree preferred.
· 10+ years of strategic procurement, supply chain management and sourcing experience with increasing global responsibility in a large matrixed organization.
· International travel experience, intercultural management skills and a willingness to travel domestically and overseas, 40% of the time.
· Leadership, people management and people development skills demonstrating continuous improvement with a track record of achieving significant business results year over year.
· Ability to negotiate, communicate and present, influencing without authority to motivate and manage cross-functional, geographically dispersed teams while driving them to success.
· Ability to manage multiple supplier relationships (collaborative vs confronting style).
· Strategic thinking with the ability to formulate strategies, implementing continuous improvement while driving supplier innovation.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
Beware of Job Scams
Please beware of potentially fraudulent job postings or suspicious recruiting activity by persons that are currently posing as Siemens Healthineers recruiters/employees. These scammers may attempt to collect your confidential personal or financial information. If you are concerned that an offer of employment with Siemens Healthineers might be a scam or that the recruiter is not legitimate, please verify by searching for the posting on the Siemens Healthineers Career Site.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.