Explore our Digital World
Do you want to create technologies that transform the everyday for billions of people? Our digital careers offer the opportunity to shape the next era of growth and innovation, challenging ourselves to build a better future. By creating ground breaking technologies that transform our world, we need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Picture yourself in the Digital World of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2022, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2022 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2022.
What will you do?
The Senior Security Consultant will be joining the cybersecurity consulting team of the Siemens Critical Infrastructure Defense Center (CIDC). CIDC is a segment of the Power Technologies International business unit within Siemens Grid Software.
At CIDC, we aim to solve the operational technology (OT) cybersecurity challenge by taking a lifecycle approach that starts with Security Management, Security Engineering, Security Testing, Security Operations, Security Research and Development. Our security offerings are delivered to our clients through our consulting, professional, and managed security services.
As a senior security consultant, you will be responsible for leading and performing a range of services to our clients such as cybersecurity risk assessments, cybersecurity maturity assessment, strategy development, roadmap development, roadmap execution. You are expected to be familiar and would have conducted cybersecurity assessments using different frameworks including NIST CSF, ISO 27001, IEC 62443, NERC CIP, amongst many other security standards.
We are looking for an exceptional team player, self-starter, analytical individual with great communication skills as well as remarkable problem-solving and leadership skills. In addition, to be successful in this role, you must possess a strong technical background and experience working in Operational Technology (OT) and Industrial Control System environments. This position is in British Columbia and preference will be given to candidates located or willing to relocate in Fredericton.
- Lead the assessment of cybersecurity risks for client’s
- Lead the development of cybersecurity strategy, cybersecurity roadmaps for clients
- Lead the design and implementation of cybersecurity solutions for clients
- Participate in the development of responses to cybersecurity RFPs
- Participate in client meetings with business development team
- Maintain knowledge of industry developments and best practices related to cybersecurity and operational technology environments
- Act as a subject matter expert to assist, coach and provide advice to client’s regarding relevant cybersecurity legislations, regulations, laws, and/or industry standards
What will you need to succeed?
- Minimum of eight (8) years overall experience in cybersecurity in an enterprise environment
- Minimum of four (4) years’ overall experience in cyber security consulting
- Minimum of four (4) years’ experience in cybersecurity strategy, risk assessment, vulnerabilities assessments, etc
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in an operational technology (OT) or Industrial Control System (ICS) environment
- Certifications including one of CISSP/CISM and any of IEC62443 Cybersecurity Expert/GCIP/GCISP/GRID
- Extensive knowledge of information security fundamentals and security concepts such as cyber-attacks and techniques, threat vectors, risk management and incident response processes and management
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Active across Canada, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Siemens brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. Through Mobility, a leading supplier of intelligent mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is helping to shape Canada’s passenger rail services. Via its majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, Siemens is also a leading supplier of medical technology and digital health services. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
Making a difference together we raised $385,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 38 non-profit organizations and planted 660 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Sur demande, Siemens Canada prendra des mesures d’accommodement raisonnables pour les personnes handicapées, dans le but de soutenir la participation des candidats dans tous les aspects du processus de recrutement. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.