Project Manager – Software
Siemens Digital Industry Software – Tomorrow with Us
Based: Eindhoven, The Hague - The Netherlands. Leuven - Belgium.
Siemens Digital Industries Software is a leading provider of solutions for the design, simulation, and manufacture of products across many different industries. Formula 1 cars, skyscrapers, ships, space exploration vehicles, and many of the objects we see in our daily lives are being conceived and manufactured using our Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software. We offer a role with responsibility, independence, and the possibility to give proactively, by encouraging a collaboration culture with room for individual development.
As a Services Project Manager
SIEMENS Digital Industry Software is looking for a Project Manager Software Implementation with a solid understanding of and hands-on experience with technology, integration design, project management and a client focus.
You will be responsible for the planning, organizing, monitoring, and overseeing large/complex projects (every phase can take 1 year) and small to medium-sized projects with strong technical background (PLM and/or MOM segments), industry-specific knowledge (Automotive, Transportation, Aerospace, Machinery, and/or Food& Beverage) and strong communication skills. In the role you will communicate a clear vision of the project’s objectives and motivate the project team to achieve them; create a project environment to optimize performance by team members.
Your will take the lead on the following.
- Building and maintaining a relationship with customers based on partnership and efficient communication management with partners and the project team.
- Execution of projects according to the agreed requirements. From project planning/controlling and risk management to the successful completion of the project.
- Securing the necessary decisions within the framework of contract management and targeted issue management.
- Create or input into the creation of the Statement of Work as part of the Presales activity and Agreement of work packages and goals with the project members and delegation of responsibilities. Regular customer feedback.
- Alongside the project team, track, and report on progress to work delivery, schedule, and change requests against the plan and adjust consistent with plan objectives.
- Handle change to preserve project plan commitments by proactively identifying changes in work scope and ensuring appropriate planning measures are taken with internal and external clients to reassess and amend the scope of work requirement, budget, and timeline
- Produce accurate and timely resource and skills forecasts, identify resources needed, liaise with scheduling, and assign individual responsibilities, using appropriate internal resource management systems (Financial Force) where required and run the financial aspects of the project: budgeting, forecasting, etc., and ensure that the project is delivered within the financial requirements of the Business Unit.
- Provide, where relevant, coaching, mentoring, and guidance to other members of the management tea
You hold a bachelor’s degree or higher (manufacturing, automation technology, industrial engineering (mechanical), software engineering, or similar degree) with great command of English (Dutch and/or French can give you an advantage). Also, you have about five years’ experience as a Project Manager with a strong functional background in software implementation (PLM is a big plus) . The following describes you very well:
- Knowledgeable in at least one of the next industries: aerospace, automotive & transportation, machinery, and/or CP&G (process industry) and knowledgeable in at least Siemens' product portfolio (PLM, ALM; MES)
- Strong technical background in IT Enterprise projects; PLM and/or MES background, used to work within Engineering and Manufacturing IT Enterprise projects. Multi-platform (PLM-ERP-MES-ALM) projects as desirable background as well
- Strong Project Schedule skills, used to manage standard tools like Microsoft Project and experienced in managing PSA (Professional Services Automation) software tools, ideally Financial Force
- You make business decisions with confidence, by negotiation and consensus among diverse groups, impacting the activities of others not in their own reporting structure. Presentation and written communication skills.
- Excellent people management skills, strategic, conceptual analytical thinking, and decision-making skills. You are Adaptable and flexible managing deadline pressure, ambiguity, and change.
Why Working at Siemens Software?
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Read more about Siemens here!
We are Siemens
A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit, and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us shape tomorrow!
We offer a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance, pension, and private healthcare.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Netherlands B.V.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time