Siemens Digital Industries Software - Where today meets tomorrow.Let's make the difference together!
Meet the team - Video
Siemens DISW is a global technology powerhouse. With some of the best-known brands in the world, Siemens has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, and reliability for more than 165 years.
We're looking for a QA Test Engineer to join the S2S (Software-to-Systems) Quality Assurance and Testing Team in Cairo, Egypt.
S2S is a platform targeting SoC verification from early software development to complete system implementation. S2S Solutions cover HW/SoC architecture performance analysis, SW Performance analysis, SoC Power analysis, and SoC Validation on Mentor’s HW and SW platforms.Main Responsibilities:
- Testing the complete SW and HW platforms implementing the S2S solutions along with testing the integration with the different verification technologies (simulation, emulation, and FPGA prototyping).
- Work closely with the different development and marketing teams to agree on the customer requirements, the plans for the next releases, and the applied testing methodologies.
- Building and executing comprehensive test plans that guarantee high functional coverage for the features under testing, and summarizing test findings in the test summary reports.
- Participate in product unit testing, regression testing, license testing, installation testing and GUI testing throughout the release life cycle.
- Build test automation framework to eliminate manual testing rework and reduce testing turnaround time.
- Participate in developing and maintaining build and regression infrastructure.
- Understand customer usage profile and help with the integration of customer designs in our test environments.
- Product benchmarking and performance measurements iterations to capture tool performance data across releases.
- Defects reporting, defects validation and defect triaging to understand the root cause of the problem and define their criticality.
- Utilize code coverage techniques/tools to quantitatively judge product test coverage.
- Help in the deployment and monitoring of other qualification techniques like static code analysis, dynamic code analysis and memory leakage checks.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering.
- Excellent knowledge in digital design basics and SW development.
- Strong experience in C/C++ Programming.
- Solid knowledge in Hardware Description and Verification Languages (Verilog , VHDL, System Verilog, SystemC).
- Good knowledge about scripting languages such as Shell/Perl/Python is required.
- Knowledge in UVM is a plus!
- Familiar with the quality assurance concepts and SW testing.
- Knowledge about testing strategies, test planning and testing automation frameworks.
- Knowledge about defect tracking systems, configuration management and code profiling tools is a huge plus!
- Highly developed communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and share knowledge with others.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us shape tomorrow!
We offer a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, and generous holiday allowance.
Siemens is an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate unlawfully on any grounds. We are committed to providing access, equal opportunity.Siemens. Making real what matters
If you want to make a difference – make it with us!
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software (a Limited Liability Company under the Private Free Zones Regime)
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time