Siemens Mobility are currently recruiting a Project Manager in Chippenham for our Rail Infrastructure Communication & Information Systems (CIS) business.Our Team and what we do:
As market leaders across rail, road and logistics, Siemens Mobility Limited are pursuing the goal of networking various transportation systems with one another to move people and goods efficiently - complete mobility!
In CIS, we deliver network and security solution to support the digital railway. Our portfolio includes the provision of telecommunication systems and cyber security solutions including data network, voice solution and security solution. We undertake a full project life cycle delivery from concept development and detailed design to implementation, test, installation and commissioning.Your role and what you’ll be doing:
The role of the Project Manager will be to lead the delivery of specified projects for Operational Telecoms, Operational Radio Systems, and Secure Networks required for Mainline, Light Rail and Mass Transit railways. This will involve the management of all project Application Engineering, Installation, Testing and Commissioning activity and delivery of all systems designed to meet the needs of the contract; on time and within budget. Ultimately, the PM shall be fully accountable to the South Portfolio lead (Telecoms and Networks) for the timely and safe handover of the project, meeting the business objectives as defined in the Contracted scope of supply
What will be my Responsibilities?
- Work with the Sales and Marketing Team and, as required, support the preparation of Tenders. Including the development of project specific execution strategies to meet the Clients needs.
- Safe delivery of projects to the ‘as sold’ specification meeting the project objectives within the agreed timescales and budget delivering the required margin, whilst ensuring that the Company Management System is aligned with throughout the project lifecycle
- Work with functional line management to define and mobilise the vital resources required for the project execution, leading and co-ordinating the project team
- Preparation and maintenance of a comprehensive Project Management Plan, as a live document, which will detail the project implementation procedures in line with the Company Management System and the as sold Project Execution strategy
- Leading the implementation of effective Safety and Environmental management of the project ensuring that each of the project delivery functions has systems in place to cover their safety responsibilities.
- Ensure that regular audits are undertaken to ensure that the systems are in use and are effective
- Ensure the implementation of Quality Assurance throughout the Project Lifecycle through effective implementation of the Quality Assurance process
- Monitor and report project progress and status ensuring timely and accurate reports are prepared as required by the Client / Alliance and Siemens Mobility in accordance with the Project Reporting and Review Process. This shall include:
- Project Planning and Earned Value based progress analysis and reporting
- Resource Management
- Risk analysis and management
- Proactive Issue Management
- Proactive organisational change
- Detailed Financial analysis and control
- Commercial Management of both Head Contract and Subcontracts
- Lead day to day communication between the project team and the clients (and Alliance partners, if applicable), establishing and maintaining a positive working relationship
What Skills, Qualification and Experience do I need for this role?
- Experience of delivery of projects through the full project life cycle, preferably on operational Telecoms and Networks projects in the Rail Industry
- Experience of managing high value capital investment projects involving a high degree of Client interface
- Management of Project Control function covering Planning, Estimating, Financial Control and commercial management fields
- Proven track record of leading and driving a multi-disciplinary project team, ensuring delivery of all contractual outputs to cost and to plan
- Project Management skills – strong understanding of the hard and soft aspects of programme management. Possess a high level of emotional intelligence and the ability to build consensus
- Commercial awareness and proficiency – able to contribute to commercial and contractual issues, drawing upon past experience with railway / engineering contracts
- Preparation of Proposals, Tenders and contract consultations through to Award
- Exposure to a highly regulated engineering industry, of which some time should have been in a project role
- Qualified to degree level (or equivalent) in an engineering subject area, possibly supported by a second degree in a management field
- APM accredited
- 26 days holiday, increasing up to 29 days with length of service
- Excellent pension, with Siemens matching contributions up to 10% of pensionable salary
- Performance related bonus
- Flexible benefits to suit your personal needs
- Flexible working policy
- Investment in personal development and support to membership of professional institutions
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.About us
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of hardworking individuals helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation. #LI-SM1
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time