There is a unique opportunity to get in at the ground floor of a major expansion of EDA sales, support, and R&D with the establishment of the Siemens Centre of Excellence in Saskatoon, Canada. This site’s unique cultural environment with supportive colleagues, team-based work environments, and deep community involvement makes it one of the most attractive employment opportunities in North America. This year, the site is scheduled to expand further, doubling its footprint from its current 150 employees, and growing the EDA products they build and support.
One of those products is Aprisa, a technological breakthrough in Place & Route software and a recent acquisition by Siemens. Aprisa is poised for hypergrowth with a potential market in the billions; this will be like working for a start-up with the resources of a multinational.
You can be part of this growth.
Siemens EDA is looking for an experienced Place & Route user or Applications Engineer to be the anchor of a brand-new team of Application Engineers in the Canadian Global Centre of Excellence in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. You will be the key technologist on the team, leading by example and through training a new team of new engineers. You will report to an experienced EDA manager in Saskatoon who will be utterly dedicated to your success and the success of the team. Together, the two of you will build on an established culture of excellence in Applications Engineering to train new AEs and win P&R engagements around the world through remote work and travel.
You probably already know that an AE is the primary link between the customer, the sales team, and R&D, but this role will require even more of you. Aprisa is a rapidly growing product so there won’t be an established lane for you, you’ll be working closely with a highly dynamic team, innovating on business processes and filling holes where needed. You’ll interact regularly with marketing, R&D, sales, technical support, customer experience, and many different customer stakeholders. It will be enormously challenging and enormously fun.
The job has flexible hours and will not require overtime. You will meet customer expectations by working as part of a team, not by being a hero. When you must occasionally shift your time to work with European or PacRim/Indian customers, you’ll be able to take corresponding time in lieu. The hours are flexible to accommodate family and personal commitments, but in return, you’ll be a little more available to communications outside of normal working periods. This is a new team, so face-to-face time will be important, but you’ll be welcome to work some days at home if you’d like. You’ll also need to travel to meet customers and colleagues at times. Some of this will be quite a lot of fun, other times it will be a lot of work.
Who You Are
· You are excited about building new teams and working with new graduates; in fact, you’re probably already mentoring people and love it
· You have superb communication skills and a high emotional intelligence, with an ability to navigate different frames of reference among stakeholders, such as R&D or account teams, during engagements covering complex technical and business topics
· You are customer-focused but balance that with a keen awareness of how business ROI informs technical engagements; you may even have had to lobby your employer get additional resources to meet support standards or – with regret – to fire customers
· You own challenges, finding solutions even when it might mean leaving your lane; you can easily find examples of this when asked
· You are flexible & eager to learn new things, but you’re grounded in some experiences that match the challenging role you’re about to take on
What You’ve Done
· You have at least a Bachelor’s degree in EE, CE, EP, CS, or VLSI and over five years industry experience
· You have a strong understanding of, and working experience with, Innovus, IC Compiler I/II, Aprisa, and/or Nitro-SoC
· You understand RTL to GDS flows at advanced nodes and have hands-on experience with IC design tape-outs or P&R evaluations/benchmarking, including meeting PPA and TTR goals
· Because of the above experience, it’s not difficult for you to talk about floorplanning, placement, clock tree synthesis, routing, signal & power integrity, and static timing processes. You can teach many of these topics without much preparation
· It goes without saying that you have expert-level scripting skills (TCL, command line *nix) and a good understanding of Verilog and UPF data formats
Siemens is located at the Innovation Place research park in Saskatoon with a stellar view of the city and river. Adjacent to the University of Saskatchewan, the Siemens offices are among the most beautiful in the city. The more than 150 developers, AEs, and support staff comprise the largest Siemens Software research & development facility in Canada. In 2023, the site will open a new suite of offices in the same building, providing space for growth to come. The co-mingling of research and development with sales support is rare in EDA companies and it creates a vibrant office environment that encourages collaboration on shared goals. Despite the spaces for collaboration, this is not an open office environment: Siemens employees have small, shared-occupancy offices to encourage mentorship and partnership on activities while reducing distractions. Siemens sponsors numerous community events to which employees are welcome and enthusiastically encourages a diverse and welcoming work culture.
Compensation is based on experience and market values for Saskatoon. You will be asked what your expectations are. There are multiple perks beyond the basic health insurance package, including a variable pay rate based on team attainment, RRSP matching, share purchase matching, and a healthy bonus structure for high-performing employees.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Electronic Design Automation ULC
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Sur demande, Siemens Canada prendra des mesures d’accommodement raisonnables pour les personnes handicapées, dans le but de soutenir la participation des candidats dans tous les aspects du processus de recrutement. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.