DoD SkillBridge Internship – Technical Sales/Business Development – Midwest Zone
This opportunity is unique to active-duty US Military Service members with formal approval to participate in a DoD SkillBridge Intern program within our Technical Sales Group. Siemens has partnered with Vets2PM to offer this SkillBridge opportunity.
About our Smart Buildings:
Because we spend 90% of our lives in buildings, they should be perfect places for all we do. Smart buildings enhance the experience. Interacting with people, systems, and ambient elements, they learn from experience and real-time input. Using intelligent control, security, and energy management systems, we help factories and offices better support the industries they house. We help schools, hospitals, data centers, and military bases have a great impact – all while increasing comfort, efficiency, resilience, and safety. Our Smart Buildings help to create efficient, safe, responsive, and responsible environments. Our aim isn’t just about improving buildings; it’s about creating perfect places that improve peoples’ lives.
Our Three Main Business Groups that you could be assigned to:
- Building Automation: HVAC Controls, Lighting Controls, and Mechanical/Electrical Services
- Fire/Life Safety: Fire Alarm, Mass/Emergency Communication, and Sprinkler/Suppression
- Security: Integrated Surveillance and Access Controls
Lead the charge as a member of our Smart Infrastructure Solutions & Service Sales Team:
As a SkillBridge Intern in our Sales Development career track, you will play an integral part in supporting the sales and marketing efforts of a world-class, innovation powerhouse whose products and services are considered market leaders in a variety of key categories. By developing go-to-market strategies and sales/production forecasts when using world-class CRM tools to generate estimates and custom proposals, you’ll gain invaluable hands-on experience leading to a rewarding future selling Siemens’ products, solutions and services to construction, industrial, and business clients.
Our Sales Development SkillBridge Interns will develop a comprehensive understanding of the marketplace, competitor offerings, customers, and decision influencers across the region. Using your technical expertise, along with your critical thinking skills, you will help tailor our solutions/service offerings to local contractors as well as existing and new end-user customers.
Your responsibilities may include:
- Working under the guidance of experienced Sales Executives and in conjunction with our operations team
- Developing knowledge of Siemens products, technology, personnel, culture, policies, practices and regulations
- Understanding the rich history of Siemens, business units, and associated products
- Learning about the industry/channel/market
- Training on core selling skills and confirmed methodologies to develop basic sales techniques to sell products/services/solutions to established or prospective customers
- Learning key sales processes and tools
- Establishing internal/external contacts
- Completing structured on-the-job activities in job documentation, system design and installation and estimating
- Shadowing a Solutions or Service Technician to gain deep hands-on understanding of our highly technical products as they relate to the customer experience
- Providing support through estimations, credit checks, market research, etc.
- Interacting with our global engineering team
For 180-day Internships, responsibilities may include:
- Under senior guidance, managing and expanding your assigned territory
- Call on prospective/established customers, providing technical and administrative product information and/or demonstration
- Team-sell with colleagues as appropriate
- Perform needs assessments and develop sales proposals, estimates, specifications and presentations
- Work with operations, finance, legal and other internal and external clients as needed to obtain the sale
- Begin integrating your new skills to reach target sales goals
- Follow through on sold projects to ensure satisfactory completion
· U.S. Military experience as an E4 or above (Navy, Air Force, Army, Marines, Coast Guard, Space Force, National Guard, Reserves)
- High school diploma or state-recognized GED required; Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Knowledge of Building Automation Controls, Fire/Life Safety or Security systems, business operations, and job financial reports preferred
- Ability to read/interpret electrical circuit diagrams is a plus
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project experience preferred
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States
- Must be 21 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license with limited violations
This position may support Siemens’ customers who require all employees and vendors to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 where permitted by applicable law and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Midwest Branch Locations:
Chicago, IL (Mount Prospect)
Saint Louis, MO
Detroit, MI (Plymouth)
Grand Rapids, MI (Wyoming)
Kansas City, KS (Lenexa)
Minneapolis, MN (Shoreview)
Des Moines, IA (Johnston)
Cedar Rapids, IA
Why work for Siemens as a SkillBridge Intern?
You will gain hands-on experience during your internship and will have the opportunity to join (upon successful completion of the internship) one of the world's largest and best-known companies as acknowledged in 2022 by:
Fortune: World's Most Admired Companies
Forbes: America's Best Large Employers, America's Best Employers for Diversity, and Best Employers for New Graduates
Fast Company: Most Innovative Companies and World Changing Ideas Awards
Corporate Equality Index: Best Places to Work for LGBTQ+ Equality
We offer our full-time employees (post-SkillBridge) an excellent benefits/compensation package, growth/learning/development opportunities, and a diverse/inclusive culture where everyone plays their part and makes an impact for our team and our customers.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-Time temporary
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.