We are accelerating and securing the energy transition sustainably and profitably. Siemens Smart Infrastructure Grid Software enables grid operators as well as industry and infrastructure companies to accelerate and secure the energy transition in a sustainable and profitable way. We connect the physical and the digital world with an integrated OT and IT landscape along the entire value chain from planning through operations to maintenance – following its design principles of modularity, openness, user-centricity, interoperability, and resilience.
Are you passionate about creating new possibilities?
As a Hardware Engineer, you will be creating detailed Hardware Server Configuration, list of third-party products, system drawings with server and networking connections, cabling lists, installation of configured systems along with shipping documents for US and International exports.
It's your role, here's the part you can play:
- Define hardware server configurations
- Define and install/cable network equipment
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware problems at Siemens and Customer Sites
- IBM Power4 Power5, Power6, Power7, Power8, Power9 and Power10
- Dell and HPE servers and workstations.
- Prepare hardware cost estimates & lists-of-deliverables for projects.
- Engineering documentation - Must be able to interpret engineering diagrams and prepare project hardware documentation (system drawings and equipment manuals).
- Record hardware revisions, change orders and maintain HW documentation and firmware updates.
- Order/renew hardware and third-party software.
- Define, schedule, installation of the customer staged system at the Siemens Facility
- Plan test floor layouts and power requirements for HW system integration, install hardware servers with network connections and coordinate support on the test floor during system integration and acceptance testing. Doing the same activities with the customer to enable smooth installation on site.
- Track customer-owned hardware that is received on projects.
- Track third-party products and software used on projects.
- Manage import/export issues for both incoming and outgoing hardware shipments used on international projects
- Plan, schedule all hardware shipments (including support for packing equipment)
- Interface with customer as needed for site preparations, prior to field installations.
- Plan, supervise, and participate as needed in field installations of hardware.
- Coordinate hardware warranty support as needed.
Be part of our team, here's what's needed:
- Two-year technical degree with 3-5 years of experience in computer networking and server configuration/repair or four-year IT technical degree
- Ability to travel for extended periods of time for project installation (3-4 Weeks) both nationally and internationally.
- Computer Networking – Able to setup, cable, and get a basic Ethernet/Fiber network functioning, including working with LAN switches and Firewall, and be able to test that the network is working correctly. Experience setting up and managing CISCO routers, Switch Devices and Firewalls is strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with basic telecommunications hardware is required, including modems, fiber-optic devices and cabling, and practical aspects of standard serial ports (e.g., RS232, RS485, etc.).
- Familiarity with Windows Office products (Visio, Word, Excel, and Project) is required
We've got a lot to offer:
- An opportunity to work with innovative and modern technologies - products and services in the field of electrification, automation, and digitalization
- Competitive compensation (salary and bonus based on qualifications)
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Unlimited Flexible Time Off
- Paid parental leave
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Siemens is recognized as being a top employer for diversity, sustainability, innovation, and technology. Check out this link
Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us craft tomorrow!
Find out how Siemens Grid Software is decoding the future of energy and what part you can play: https://sie.ag/DecodingTheFutureOfEnergy
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.