Power System ConsultantAbout the role
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
We are a collection of over 280,000 minds building the future, one day at a time. Together, we create technologies that take society further. From strategic advisory to technical consulting and state-of-the-art simulation software solutions, Siemens Power Technologies International (Siemens PTI) offers a holistic approach to mastering the technical, economic and environmental challenges of today’s and future energy systems.
We’re looking for power system consultants at various levels with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our Smart Infrastructure Grid Software, PTI consultancy team as a Power System Consultant and help us re-imagine the world by finding solutions and making the world a smarter place for tomorrow.
Siemens PTI is the think tank of Siemens Smart Infrastructure Business Unit and provides thought leadership to our customers on generation connections, transmission and distribution projects, industrial systems, energy strategies, smart energy system, digitalisation & IoT consultancy as well as business model innovation to cope with the energy transition and digital transformation.
We help to shape the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. We address the pressing challenges of urbanisation and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries though digital technologies.
Location: The role is based in Sweden or Finland.
This is your role. What part will you play?
- Assessing customer's business requirements and application objectives and proposing solutions to their problems.
- Application of power systems planning and protection principles, simulation and analysis of power system steady state, dynamic and transient behaviour, development of mathematical models for assessment of electrical networks.
- Undertaking generator (including Wind Farms and PV) connection Compliance and Power Quality Studies.
- Automating and Scripting work for power system analysis tools (including PSS®E & PSS®SINCAL).
- Application and analysis of study results applied to basic system design and equipment specification.
- Delivery of on-site technical consulting and training services.
- Undertaking techno-economic studies to identify business cases for customers.
- Developing and maintaining external customer relationships.
- Preparing proposals and tenders including estimating skills and quantity of resources required to successfully implement projects and development of project plans.
- Providing Grid Simulation Software technical support to customers and Sales.
- Learning from, and transferring knowledge to, colleagues within the team.
What does it take to be successful in this role?
- You will be passionate about sustainability, energy transition, smart autonomous grids and impacts of digitalization in the energy industry.
- A proactive attitude towards leading initiatives, driving improvement and change management is a must!
- Good communication skills in English and Norwegian/Swedish/Finnish language.
- Exposure with the Nordic regulatory framework, Grid Codes and system operation.
- Experience in using programs for the analysis and calculation of electrical power networks, such as PSS®E, PSS®SINCAL, PSS®CAPE, PSCAD, PowerFactory and comparable tools.
- Programming skills in FORTRAN, C++ or Python.
- Knowledge of protection studies, protection settings, power quality and dynamic/transient studies.
- Techno-economic studies to identify business cases for customers, conduct techno-economic evaluations of project proposals including good understanding of financial concepts.
- You will have the ability to develop a sense of community and to collaborate in the building of successful teams.
- Ideally qualified to a Masters level, or with a Phd, in Electrical Engineering or Power Systems Engineering.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens AB
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time