At Siemens we have some of the smartest minds working across the world, re-imagining the future, and doing extraordinary things. 🚀
As an EMS AGC – Electrical Power Systems Software Engineer/ Analyst in Curitiba – PR, you will develop, implement, and perform complex technical assignments related to Electricity Management System (EMS) and Automatic Generation Control (AGC) software applications. Analyze, design, program, troubleshoot, recommend solutions, perform enhancements, provide technical support, and implement modifications associated with the EMS applications. Design, develop and implement application software for electricity management system using applicable theory, algorithms, and solution techniques. Develop functional requirements, design specifications, documentation, and testing of Energy Management Applications. Energy Management Applications development and delivery involves: Load Frequency Control, Economic Dispatch, Reserve Monitor and Load Shedding software applications.
The position requires effective understanding and application of solution techniques in Power System Operation such as Generation Dispatch & Control, Feedback Control Theory and knowledge of Optimization Techniques such as linear and non-linear programming techniques. The position involves engagement in all aspects of software development cycle: estimation, design, development, testing and deployment. 👏
• Promote and demonstrate best practices and high quality software development processes including development of new code and maintenance of existing code;
• Writes documents for new project tasks, such as Design notes, testing procedures, etc.;
• Provide effort estimates to Project Manager/Project Engineer for new project tasks;
• Support sales during the bid procedures;
• Support after sales and SLA with customer support;
• Support test and continuous integration activities;
• Ability to work independently and be self-motivated;
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment;
• Strong oral and written communication skills;
• Highly organized and efficient;
What we need from you
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering with strong software development skills;
• Master’s degree in Electrical (Power) Engineering with thesis or related work in power systems is a plus;
• 3+ years of relevant work experience in Software Engineering, Project Deployment and R&D solutions;
• Experience with 2 of the following: C/C++/Fortran/Perl;
• Experience with Oracle PL/SQL or RDBMS;
• Experience with source code control using Git;
• Experience with agile methodologies like Scrum;
• Experience with testing and test automation is a plus;
• Experience with one of the following: SCADA systems, Real-time systems, mission critical systems or Network Grid Control Centers software;
• Platforms: Windows and Linux;
• Fluent English language skills;
• Prior experience can include demonstrated engagement in the industry/university projects or thesis in the areas of Power System Analysis involving Operations, Generation, Transmission and/or Electricity Energy Management Applications problem formulation in software development;
• Education and experience focused in the topics of software modeling techniques and analysis in the area of Power System Operations (Generation, Transmission and Distribution Network).
Workplace and hiring model
• Curitiba or remote
Diverse teams are better teams! If everyone thinks the same way, an innovation will not happen. Therefore, we seek talents from different backgrounds, genders, ages, races, sexual orientation and people with disabilities. At Siemens, the opportunities are for everyone.
Come build the future! Join our team!
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Infraestrutura e Industria Ltda.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time