Siemens, global company leading in technology and a step ahead of digital transformation of industries thanks to the Digital Enterprise, has an open position in The Factory Automation Business Unit as Technical Presales Consultant for PLC in Tres Cantos, Madrid.
Our fully extended Technology portfolio includes
innovative solutions for Industry 4.0 (Internet of Things, Industrial Edge,
Cloud Computing, Big Data, Digital Twin, Cybersecurity, …) which together with
the current leader technologies in Automation (Controllers, HMI Systems,
SIMATIC, Industrial PCs, TIA Portal, …) allow our customers to reach the next
level in the productive processes.
The Technical Presales Consultant is responsible for developing and realizing automation solutions and concepts as well as supporting customers and the Siemens sales force. The successful candidate has technical experience in automation plus exceptional communication and execution skills paired with exceptional organizational skills and business acumen to achieve goals on time.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a strong team providing the best end to end industrial automation solutions in the market. Siemens is leading the charge in providing innovative solutions to bolster the manufacturing.
What will be your role?
- Provides technical advice to the Siemens sales force for the development and implementation of engineering solutions based on the Siemens Factory Automation portfolio
- Performs PLC software design consultation in accordance with customer/project needs.
- Resolves complex technical challenges and acts as one escalation point for major customer technical issues.
- Generates technical collateral such as application examples and templates for reuse by others.
- Supports marketing and knowledge transfer through creating and presenting technical presentation at webinars and conferences.
- Supports the market introduction of new products and software versions by various activities such as piloting, trainings, and interaction with product management.
What are the requirements?
- Engineering degree or Master (Automation, Computers, Telecom, Digitalization Technology, …).
- Passion for technology and interest in further learning and becoming an expert in your field.
- Fluent English (at least B2 - sufficient knowledge of English to be fluent in meetings and/or trainings).
- More than 2 years of experience in Siemens automation systems.
- Interest in working in an international team.
- Extensive knowledge in SIMATIC PLC and STEP 7 (TIA Portal).
- Basic knowledge in industrial communication.
- Additional knowledge in multiple automation areas such as networking, HMI panels, machine safety, PC-based automation, robotics and motion control beneficial.
- Experience in the machine building industry.
- Experience in interaction with customers, suppliers and other stake holders.
The applicant will receive guided, intensive, and continuous training and will take part in a very dynamic team with excellent collaborative colleagues.
Siemens apuesta por la igualdad de oportunidades entre mujeres y hombres, así como la diversidad como fuente de creatividad e innovación. Contar con diferentes tipos de talento y de experiencias nos hace ser más competitivos y estar mejor preparados para responder con éxito a las demandas de la Sociedad. Por ello, valoramos a las candidatas y a los candidatos que reflejen la Diversidad que disfrutamos en nuestra Compañía.
- #LI-AMC #LI-Hybrid
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens S.A.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time