Siemens, global company leading in technology and a step ahead of digital transformation of industries thanks to the Digital Enterprise, has an open position in The Factory Automation Business Unit as Technical Presales Consultant for IT-like engineering and engineering workflow in Tres Cantos, Madrid.
Our fully extended Technology portfolio includes innovative solutions for Industry 4.0 (Internet of Things, Industrial Edge, Cloud Computing, Big Data, Digital Twin, Cybersecurity, …) which together with the current leader technologies in Automation (Controllers, HMI Systems, SIMATIC, Industrial PCs, TIA Portal, …) allow our customers to reach the next level in the productive processes.
We are looking for a junior, proactive, organized engineer, with enthusiasm, commitment, high perseverance and solid human and professional values, who wishes to join a team of professionals very cohesive and passionate about Automation and Digitization.
We offer an exciting opportunity for graduate or master engineers in our International Headquarter’s HUB in Tres Cantos (Madrid)
Your role will be to support international projects and applications of innovative technical solutions for industrial automation, with the main focus on Open Engineering software for Automation.
What will be your role?
- Provides technical advice to the Siemens sales force for the development and implementation of engineering solutions based on the Siemens Factory Automation portfolio
- Supports the TIA Portal API Openness to drive solutions and applications
- Designs and programs applications and add-ins for TIA Portal
- Covers new high-level programming concepts for automation
- Implements concepts to improve the engineering workflow using IT concepts
- Supports knowledge transfer through creating and presenting technical presentation, training of technical colleagues, sales and customers and doing presentations of our technology and its benefits.
- Supports the market introduction of new products and software versions by various activities such as piloting, trainings, and interaction with product management.
- Engineering degree or Master (Automation, Computers, Telecom, Digitalization Technology, …)
- Passion for technology and interest in further learning and becoming an expert in your field
- Fluent English (at least B2 - sufficient knowledge of English to be fluent in meetings and/or trainings)
- Experience in software design and development
- Extensive knowledge in .Net and #C programming. Knowledge in additional programming languages.
- Experience in software testing, test driven development, Clean Code, pair programming, continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Interest in working in an international team
- Basic knowledge in TIA Portal and STEP 7 is very beneficial
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens S.A.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time