Siemens Mobility is a global leader in electrical engineering and electronics. By uniting leading-edge technology and the expertise of talented people, Siemens is able to bring to market the most comprehensive range of new ideas and innovations for Rail Vehicles. Siemens Rolling Stock focuses on the design, systems integration and manufacturing of light rail vehicles, locomotives, coaches and trainsets.
Manufacturing Project Manager – Job Description
Siemens Rolling Stock is seeking a Manufacturing Project Manager.
The Manufacturing Project Manager (MPM) will support the responsible Project Director or Manager in executing Rolling Stock projects ranging from $25M to $250+M in value and durations from 3-5 years. The MPM will coordinate overall manufacturing activities between all manufacturing departments (Operations) and support functions, to meet project quality, delivery, and cost targets. The MPM will be the single point of contact and coordinator between Operations and the project team(s). The MPM will be involved in engineer-to-order, capital equipment and manufacturing projects from order to shipment. This position reports functionally to the Vice President of Passenger Coaches and operationally to the Project Director or Manager.
- Coordinate overall manufacturing activities for coach and locomotive projects.
- Coordinate interdepartmental activities and issues affecting production, including interactions with all manufacturing departments, Industrial Engineering, Design Engineering, Supply Chain, Quality Management, and Project Management.
- Facilitate overall production plans to ensure on time delivery, within planned budget.
- Drive cost reduction measures in Operations departments.
- Ensure all project quality requirements are met.
- Monitor and report on project budget and schedule performance and initiate measures to mitigate any budget overruns or schedule slippage.
- Coordinate and drive resolution of issues impacting successful production activities.
- Report project status on a regular basis to Operations Management and Project Management team.
- Quality Assurance – ensure product quality and that all required inspections and hold points are completed and documented in accordance with defined ISO and Siemens policies and procedures
- Coordinate all activities with customer’s resident inspectors.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS/BA in related technical discipline, or advanced degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of 5 years demonstrated experience in project management, industrial engineering, or operations management in an engineer-to-order, capital equipment manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated experience in the manufacturing of large and complex industrial products.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS degree in Industrial engineering or related technical discipline
- MBA degree is a plus
- Experience in manufacturing large engineer-to-order capital equipment
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.