We are the catalyst for the industrial world’s digital transformation.
For more than 35 years, ground breaking technologies and business models engineered and developed by Siemens Turkey R&D department contributes to the global success of Siemens.
Our R&D activities focused on the fields of electrification, automation and digitalization, provides end-to-end support to our global customers on their unique digital transformation journey.
We aim to increase our strength on solution and product development with world class SW development experts, with the vision to be the digitalization partner for our global customers.
We need game changers like you, to bring the next level of smart manufacturing and infrastructure from mere concept to reality, develop tomorrow’s smart cities, and address the most critical digitalization challenges across a comprehensive range of industries.
We, as the Smart Grid organization within Siemens Turkey R&D, are focusing on research and development of software products and solutions for Energy Systems domain. We are mainly located in Ankara ODTU Teknokent and we are working together with worldwide partners.
What are my responsibilities?
The successful candidate will work as a Test Engineer in software development teams for products on power systems.
- Working within international software development teams across global locations to support testing and quality assurance of Desktop and Web-based commercial application software for electrical power system modeling and analysis,
- Review requirements, specifications, and technical design documents,
- Design and Develop detailed and well-structured test plans and test cases and document them using test case management tools such as Xray,
- Create automated test scripts using test automation tools such as TestComplete,
- Execute manual and automated tests from customer perspective to ensure that product conforms to requirements,
- Perform testing activities on several test levels (Modul, Integration, System, Regression, Performance, etc.),
- Identify, record, document, and track bugs until resolved according to Quality Assurance standards,
- Perform regression testing to verify that bug fixes and new features do not introduce defects elsewhere in the product,
- Develop and track quality assurance metrics, like defect leakages, defect trends etc. and contribute to process improvements,
- Participating and proactively contributing to an agile environment according to SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) process,
- Work with end customers and product stakeholders on resolution of software issues
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- B.S. and/or M.S. degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science/Engineering (or similar fields),
- Experience or interest in understanding/applying software testing methodologies and processes especially with test automation tools like TestComplete,
- Experience or interest in designing and developing test plans and test cases,
- Basic to intermediate programming and/or scripting skills, especially with Python,
- Ability to create and maintain easily understandable, meaningful, concise software testing documentation; with test management tools like Xray,
- Knowledge in Software life cycle and agile methodologies (especially SAFe framework or Scrum),
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as GIT,
- Willing to move on career steps as Software Testing Engineer specialized on Power Systems Analysis
Preferable Additional skills/experiences (i.e. is a plus):
- Knowledge of Energy Domain - Power Systems concepts,
- Related experience in power systems engineering,
- Related experience in software testing and quality assurance activities,
- Hands-on experience with white box and/or black box testing,
- Practical engineering experience in power system analysis software applications such as PSS®E, PSS®CAPE, PSS®SINCAL etc.,
- Experience in using ALM tools for tracking agile process (e.g., JIRA),
- Knowledge in Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery Pipelines (CI/CD),
- Knowledge of cloud and virtualization technologies
Desired Soft skills:
- Eager to learn new technologies, tools, and Energy domain know-how,
- Excellent target group-oriented communication of complex issues and interpersonal communication,
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills,
- Strong self-organization including ability to work independently and manage time effectively,
- Teammate with highly collaborative, self-motivated, customer focused, positive, and upbeat attitude,
- Committed to quality oriented, tidy, and well documented business delivery,
- Able to facilitate the collaboration between Global and Local teams,
- Inspire the team with new ideas and visions and actively promote platform development,
- Comfortable interpreting and understanding initially unfamiliar concepts,
- An ability to understand and explain abstract concepts in a clear way to technical and non-technical audiences
What else do I need to know?
- Fluent command of English is a must, German is a plus,
- No restrictions for travelling abroad temporarily.
“At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds”
As Siemens we believe physical barriers are not related to potential. Only the potential matters to us. Therefore, we look forward to receive applications of candidates with physical barriers and chronic illnesses. We support healthy relationships between candidates with barriers and their colleagues because we believe we can create differences together.
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuating diversity and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of you ability as we will use the data to review your suitability to the role.
Please find more information from our web site:
If you need more information please don't hesitate to contact us.
+90 216 459 20 00
Company: Siemens Sanayi ve Ticaret Anonim Sirketi
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time